Make A Wish

This is what the surprise was about. I had to make a wish come true for a girl.

Her name is Madeline Condor, she's seven years old, and she has leukemia.

Her wish? She wanted to spend a day with me.

Someone's wish is actually spending a whole day with me, and that's sweet.

"Remember that she's fragile, so you have to be really careful." Mom says as she brushes my hair.

I sigh and look at my reflection on the vanity mirror.

"I know," I say, "It's just so unfair, she shouldn't be dealing with this

"I know," I say, "It's just so unfair, she shouldn't be dealing with this."

"Cancer sucks." Mom tells me, "It really does."

We left after that, we would meet up with Madeline and her Mom, Stacey, at the mall. From there, Madeline and I would go shopping, and who knows what else.

~~~

We get off the car and walk into the mall. I quickly spot Stacey and Madeline, sitting by the fountain. Stacey notices us as we walk over to them. I hug her and after that she hugs Mom.

"That's Madeline over there." We all walk over to the girl, she had lost all of her hair duet to chemo.

She has a fragile smile as she stands up and walks over to us. Face to face, I'm slightly taller than her.

We hug and our moms leave us alone, but something was telling me that they were going to keep an eye on us. After all, we're just a seven and eight year old girls alone at the mall.

"Where do you want to go first?" I ask as we start to walk slowly.

"Wherever you want." Madeline smiles.

"You should choose." I tell her, "Today's your day, we'll go wherever YOU want."

"Umm." She stops walking, "What about some new clothes?"

"Cool!" I exclaim.

First stop, Old Navy.

We started checking out the discount clothes, slowly making our way to the newest ones, that were approximately $50 dollars minimum. 

After about 40 minutes, Madeline decided to go try some clothes on. While she changed, I waited outside, not even checking my phone, and that's a lot to say. 

"What about this one?" She opens the dressing room's door and I look up at her.

"It looks great on you." I complimented her.

"Thanks," She sits beside me and takes out her phone, "I actually had one like this one before, on this picture." I look over to the picture, it was her at the beach, she had the same big smile, "But I look way better there, because I actually have hair, now I just look ugly."