Waiting For Joffrey

Maddie

Brooke   Mackenzie

Paige   Melanie   Nia   Chloe

"We have two trios." Miss Abby announces and I sigh.

Not dancing again this week.

"I'm gonna split the group in half, and the trios will be, Mackenzie, Paige, and Nia. You will be doing a high-energy jazz routine incorporating gymnastic tumbling." Miss Abby says, "Then I have Brooke, Maddie, and Chloe. You will be doing a contemporary lyrical routine. Chloe, it's about a trio. Brooke, you've never done a trio with these girls, so this is gonna be all new for you. Chloe and Maddie will be doing a solo again." Of course, "I am excited about going, I had a great time in Chicago. I hope this next trip is just as fun, without Cathy from Candy Apples, but I'll tell you what, she's easy to beat. The people at this competition aren't gonna be so easy to beat."

After pyramid, Kenzie and I watched the older girls rehearse. 

•Three Days To Competition

Klara, Emma, and I were all in Studio B rehearsing our trio. It is called 'Eyes of a Child', and we're competing in this weekend's competition.

After the rehearsal, I had to wait for the two trio rehearsals. The next few days were just perfecting every dance. even though I think that the contemporary lyrical trio has a better chance in winning than the jazz one. 

•Competition Day•

We were all ready for our trio. We just had to wait for the rest to go backstage.

"I'm so excited!" Klara exclaims as we wait outside on the hall.

"Do you think Miss Abby will like it?" Emma asks.

"Yea, it's pretty good." I tell her, "We have a good chance at winning today."

The three of us start playing as Gia watches us. Let's just say that we didn't want to go see the solos today, we rather stay behind and play instead of sitting down for hours for only two solos.

"Door knob!" I exclaim as Klara laughs.

"My turn, I spy with my little eye something blue." Emma says and we look around.

"Umm, the costume?" Klara asks as Emma nods.

"Girls, it's time for the trios." Gia tells us.

"I won by three!" I tell them as we walk down the hall.

We all go backstage and the contemporary trio was on stage.

"Please welcome to the stage, Mackenzie, Nia, and Paige with the trio performance, 'Girl Fun'." The announcer says and the girls go on stage.

Uh-uh-uh uh-uh-oh
Come on girls, we're gonna have a good time
Uh-uh-uh uh-uh-oh
Come on girls, we're gonna have a good time

Gotta get my friends on the phone
Tell the girls it's time to party
Gonna find that funky song
Spin around and shake our bodies
Everybody wants a good time
Everybody wants to play
Everybody knows that girls
Are the only ones that say

"Next up in the stage, Klara, Melanie, and Emma with the trio 'Eyes of a Child'." The announcer says and the three of us go on stage.

World is covered by our trails
Scars we cover up with paint
Watch them preach in sour lies
I would rather see this world through the eyes of a child
Through the eyes of a child

Darker times will come and go
Times you need to see her smile
And mothers' hearts are warm and mild
I would rather feel this world through the skin of a child
Through the skin of a child

When a human strokes your skin
That is when you let them in
Let them in before they go
I would rather feel alive with a childlike soul
With a childlike soul

Hey-oh, oh, hey
Oh, ay
Ah-ah, hey
Oh, ay
Hey-oh, oh, hey
Oh, ay
Ah-ah, hey
Oh, ay

Please don't leave me here

Everyone cheers as we walk off stage and we go back to the dressing room. After all the hugs and 'congratulations', the three of us started playing again, until the competition was over.

Our trio was first on the mini division, we were fifth overall. The contemporary trio was also first, the jazz trio didn't place, Maddie's solo was first, Chloe's was fifth but on the show 'she didn't place', and the group didn't place either. 

This week, I really liked my trio, and I hope that I have a lot of things to do in the future just like that.