Break A Leg

Melanie

Maddie   Nia   Brooke

Chloe     Mackenzie     Paige

This week was going to be an interesting one for sure, Kenzie and I were not in the group dance, but she had a solo instead, and I had a duet with Brooke. Yeah, Brooke, who's 8 years older than me. I don't know how this is going to work out. Brooke and Maddie also have solos and Chloe and Paige were supposed to have a duet, but Paige's foot is broken.

Three Days To Competition

"Hey guys." Miss Abby tells us as the four of us walk over to the front desk.

"Maddie has to fly out tomorrow morning to do Drop Dead Diva." Mommy tells her.

"The group comes first." Miss Abby says.

"A-Absolutely." Mommy agrees, "I agree with you."

"I don't want you to get out on that stage this weekend at the competition, and look like the yahoo that doesn't know what they're doing." Miss Abby tells Maddie and she nods, "This TV thing is a special event. but I wish you were gonna be here tomorrow for rehearsal, and that group dance, better be perfect."

We went to the Dancer's Den after that and went to studio A. All of the girls sat against the mirror as Brooke and I practiced out duet. It was kind of a creepy duet, it was called 'My Doll' and it is about a doll that comes to life. I would give you some examples, but I wanna sleep tonight. Brooke looked like she was in pain, and I felt bad for her, but I really wanted to do the duet. 

Next couple of days, duet chaos of who's dancing with Chloe, Kendall or Nia. Maddie being out due to filming, and Brooke's hip hurting, I was starting to get nervous, what if we don't get to dance at all?

Competition Day

After the group dance, we were all getting ready for out duets, but let me be clear, I didn't even get to change into the costume.

"Brooke, how's the back?"

"It still hurts."

"You need to use the pain, yes?"

Mommy starts brushing my hair. She puts the pink bow in my hair and starts working with my doll makeup.

"Stay here." Mommy tells me as soon as she finishes, "I'm gonna go see Mackenzie's solo, and you get ready for the duet."

I nod as she kisses my forehead and leaves. I take some eyeliner and start playing with it. Everyone comes back.

"Abby, I don't think Brooke's gonna do neither of her dances." Kelly says, "it hurts when she breathes. I don't know how she's gonna do it, I got her ice, I put this on. I don't know what else I can do." Her voice breaks, "I can't let her hurt herself to do a dance."

I look over to Brooke, who's laying on the floor.

"it's obviously hurting her that she can't do it. I want her to do it, she wants to do it, but I don't think she can."

"Brooke, it didn't have anything to do with those other girls there warming up?"

"Abby, it was hurting before we even came to this building."

And the argument begins, it was really upsetting, but I didn't want to cry. Everyone leaves for Maddie's solo as I wipe all of the makeup off. I take the bow out of my hair and put it back in my bag.

Guess this isn't my day.

~~~

"It's now time to announce our top five junior petite soloists." The announcer says, "Third place, with a 286, Sarah from Jessica Dance Center. Moving on to second place. The score 290 "You Know You Love It."

We all clap as Kenzie goes receive her award.

"All right, here we go folks, junior soloists." The announcer says, "Third place, the score 288, it's going to 455, Lily from Dance Kids. Our top overall junior soloist, 'This Is Me, Over You', Maddie."

Maddie goes receive her award.

"Your top overall junior duet/trio, 'Chasing Answers'! It's Chloe and Kendall from Abby Lee Dance Company!"

It was a good way to end the day. Good lie, I was pretty upset about the duet being pulled and Miss Abby had some not-so-nice things to say about Brooke and Chloe.