2013 ALDC Showcase: ALDC Goes Hollywood

Mackenzie

Maddie Melanie Chloe Asia

Nia Kendall Brooke Paige

"This week, we are not traveling anywhere. You will be performing in the annual dance concert. Now this is a rough week for all involved. You're gonna have quick changes. You're gonna have numbers back-to-back." Miss Abby announces, "Everybody will be doing a solo, however, most of you will be doing old solos. Paige, you have a new solo, and Melanie, you also will have a new solo. You will be doing a jazz gymnastics routine, so I need you totally focused on the task at hand. Melanie, I want you to work more on your jazz, so you will have a jazz routine called 'Hate Me', and ask those mothers over there, why do they hate your sisters and you so much."

"Abby, we don't have a problem with any of the kids." Christi argues, "When will you understand?"

"It doesn't look like that." Miss Abby tells her.

After pyramid and the group dance rehearsal, we were all sent out to start working. First stop for me, the Dancer's Den.

"Aaaand we're off!" I exclaim as I sit down, "This is going to be a long week."

"Is it always this stressful?" Asia asks and Kenzie nods.

"Every single year." Kenzie assures her.

I go to studio C and start with different group dance rehearsals, it was a long day.

Three Days To Recital

"This is my favorite costume ever!" Emma exclaims as we look at ourselves on the mirror.

"You say that every single time." I tell her, "You gotta decide."

Quinn walks over to us with her phone. We smile as she takes a picture and walks away.

"We never see those photos again." Emma says and we both laugh.

"Yeah, wonder what happened to the 2009 ones." I agree.

"Melanie, the show!"

"I'm on a costume!" I yell.

"We don't have time!"

"Who's even talking?!" I yell again.

"Gianna!"

"RIP you." Emma chuckles.

I run to the bathroom and change into my dance clothes. I rush to studio A, where everyone was waiting for me. The group dance rehearsal was pretty fast, but right after that, the solo rehearsals were up, and I was going to perform two, 'Hate Me' and 'Breathin'.

"At the end, be sassy, be--be like 'bye losers'." Miss Abby tells me as I do the ending of my new solo, that is strutting off stage, "We finished with your two solos for today, so you're free for the rest of the night."