Bye Bye, Baby

Maddie

Melanie   Nia   Kendall

Mackenzie   Brooke   Paige

So Broadway Baby passed away, Miss Abby's pretty upset and has not shown up at rehearsals. After all, it was her baby, and I'm sad for her. Moving on, Nia and Maddie have solos, and I found something funny about them. Maddie's solo is entitled 'Showing You my Heart', and Nia's is entitled 'Breaking my Heart', so it's basically that you show someone your heart and later that person breaks it, dramatic. Kenzie and I are not in the group dance this week and we don't have anything to do, so we're just seat fillers again.

Three Days To Competition

"I'm gonna miss Baby." Kenzie tells me as we watch Nia rehearse her solo.

"So much." I tell her.

"I want a dog." Kenzie comments and I look at her, "I've always wanted a dog."

"I want a cat." I say, "More like a kitty, but in a couple years."

"Kitties are cute." Kenzie tells me, "And soft."

"It's not only that." I tell her, "But yeah, but it would also be so cool to have a puppy!"

"How should we call it if we have one?" Kenzie asks.

"Cali!" I exclaim, "Nah."

"Malibu." Kenzie suggests.

"But instead of finishing it with u, it finishes with two o's." I suggest and we both smile.

"Like a ghost!" Kenzie exclaims, "Boo!"

"Maliboo!" We both laugh.

Kenzie leaves to rehearse her unaired solo 'Earthquake', and I go back to the Dancer's Den, where Brooke, Maddie, Chloe, Paige, and Kendall were making a card for Miss Abby.

"Do you wanna write something?" Kendall asks me with a smile, "We should all write something."

"My handwriting sucks." I tell her, "Can somebody write for me?"

"I'll do it." Brooke tells me as Kendall hands her the marker.

"Okay." I think for a moment, "We're so sorry for your loss, we'll wait for you to be better and only remember the good times with Broadway Baby, we miss you!"

Brooke writes it all down as Chloe and Maddie finish with the big red heart in the middle of the card.

One Day To Competition 

I sat on the floor of studio D with Emma and Klara as we watched the seniors as they took their tap class.

"Has anyone seen Abby lately?" Klara asks.

"No." Emma answers, "Wonder what happened."

So they don't know.

"Broadway Baby passed away." I tell them and they both gasp, "That's why Miss Abby has been gone lately."

"That's so sad." Emma comments, "Is someone doing a tribute?"

"The group dance this week is a tribute." I say, "She'll hopefully won't get mad that they changed everything about it."

"I wish them good luck." Klara says.

We went back to watch the seniors after that.

Competition Day

I can't look back, I know that there's nowhere to go

Day by day I try to find a better 'yeah'

I'm showing you my heart

Plane crash power this part is about to explode

I was worried about the group, Miss Abby didn't like the change and was making them improv, it was going to be interesting, or so Kenzie and I thought. We were sitting in the audience. right next to the moms, who were mad at Mommy for making Maddie dedicate her solo to Baby.

Hey, you
I know what you've been going through
Rain clouds in the sky follow you
Sometimes you don't know what to do
Brand new day but you're feeling blue

Guess what happened after? A pretty big argument between Kaya and the moms for talking and about Nia and Kendall. Resulting on getting Nicaya disqualified. The group, Maddie, and Kenzie all were first, Nia was third and got a best costume award. 

Bye bye, Broadway Baby.