Abbygeddon

Maddie

Brooke   Nia   Melanie

Chloe   Mackenzie   Paige

This week, besides the ballet audition and the fact that we weren't in Pittsburgh, the group dance was about being in jail, and the moms didn't like it. We had a ballet class right after pyramid, and it was pretty hard for me. After a rather long day of rehearsal, we all went back to the hotel.

•Two Days To Competition•

Today, it was all about the solos, Maddie against Chloe. Chloe's solo was called 'Red Queen', and Maddie's was called 'In My Heart'. After the solo rehearsals, we were back to the ballet classes. The next day came quickly, and it was the day of the Joffrey Ballet Audition.

"Girls, remember," Miss Abby tells us as Mommy pinned my number to my black leotard, "You're not just representing yourself, you're representing the Abby Lee Dance Company."

I start stretching and we all hear that voice, Cathy's, again. She attempts to make some conversation, but everyone ignores her, so she walks away from us and her dancers start warming up.

"We are ready for the solos."

"249, Paige."

Paige enters the room and we all wait quietly.

"258, Melanie."

I enter the room and walk up to the middle. 

After I finished, I said the typical thank you and left. A while later, we had the technique test, and it was even harder than I thought, and I already thought that it was hard enough.

Competition Day

"Starting with number 892, small group, open, 'Hurt Them First'." The announcer says as the girls go on stage.

Boys, games
Lies, pain
Boys, games
Lies, pain

Don't let them hurt you, don't ever compromise
Don't walk into their web of lies
You gotta stand up, you gotta take control
You gotta keep those boys in line

Don't let them use you, don't let 'em fool around
There's only one thing on their mind
You gotta stand up, don't take it lying down
Get off your back, it's such a crime

If you don't wanna get hurt
Hurt them first
If you don't wanna get hurt
You gotta hurt them first

Hurt, tears
Lies, games
Hurt, tears
Lies, games

Don't let them hurt you, don't ever compromise
Don't walk into their web of lies
You gotta stand up, you gotta take control
You gotta keep those boys in line

Don't let them use you, don't let 'em fool around
There's only one thing on their mind
You gotta stand up, don't take it lying down
Get off your back, it's such a crime

If you don't wanna get hurt
Hurt them first
If you don't wanna get hurt
You gotta hurt them first

~~~

We start out, small group open, ages nine and ten." The announcer says, "In tenth place, with a score of 286. 892, 'Hurt Them First', Abby Lee Dance Company!"

Kenzie goes receive the as none of the moms or Miss Abby clap. Awkward. To make it worse, Candy Apples beat us for the first time. I hope that the solos will be better.

We all go back to the dressing room and MIss Abby leaves after a little meltdown. I don't want her to start crying ever again. Christi's phone rings and she puts it on speaker.

"Hi. Is this Christi?"

"Yes, it is."

"This is Davis Robertson from the Joffrey Ballet School, how are you doing?"

"I'm well. How are you?"

"I want to take the time to call you personally and let you know that we want to offer Chloe a scholarship for the summer. She was at top of our list for ballet."

I look over to Maddie and she looks pretty upset.

Oh oh, upset Maddie alert. I repeat, upset Maddie alert!

We all go sit in the audience as Kendall performs her solo, that was almost the same as Chloe's. Seriously, what's up with Cathy taking Chloe's dances?

"When someone can't be original." I whisper to Kenzie and she laughs.

"Number 890, open, ages nine and ten, 'In My Heart'." The announcer says and Maddie goes on stage.

I saw you in my dream last night
You had your smile so white
I thought your teeth were the stars
Your eyes, they were like tiny rivers
Well, it gave me the shivers when you looked right up at me

We never got to say a goodbye
We never sat down and cried and watched our tears fall out

After she turns she just runs off stage. Mommy leaves and the two of us follow her backstage, where Maddie was crying and the stage manager was trying to calm her down.

"Abby's gonna hate me." Maddie cries.

"She is not." Mommy tells her, "Baby, look at me--"

"She's gonna hate me." Maddie keeps on crying, "I've never done this. I've never done this."

After not being allowed to do her solo again, the four of us go back to the dressing room and Chloe joins us after she does her solo. I sit in the mirror and wait for all the drama to be over, but instead, Miss Abby comes into the dressing room and hugs her, in front of Chloe. The moms all come in and start arguing with Abby. Gia takes all of us girls outside, back to the stage for awards.

"Here come the official 2012 top ten junior solos." The announcer says, "Seventh place, please give it up for 'Queen of Hearts! Kendall, come on up."

We all clap as Kendall goes receive her award.

"Here come the official top three solos. Give it up for 307, 'If My Friends Could See Me Now'! In second place, 793, 'Want You Back', Julia! Ladies and gentlemen, our top junior soloist today. Please put your hands together for number 891, 'Red Queen', Chloe!"

We all cheer and clap as Chloe goes receive her award. 

After awards, I walk up to a vending machine and buy a Coca-Cola while all the drama happens, but like always, I didn't care.