ALDC Does Vegas

The four of us were on our way to the studio. Maddie sat on front, as usual, while Kenzie and I sat in the back. I was talking with the guys when Mom decided to start talking, especially since we have to film something for the show.

Melie: Heeeeeelp, mom's attempting to talk rn

Emmie: RIP you

Melie: Emma! Pls someone help, I don't wanna talk

Klara: Call me!

Melie: Okay!

"I just got mad that the moms said it was rigged." Kenzie says and I look at her, then back to my phone.

Melie: Change of plans, I wanna talk with them

"I agree." I say, "It was pretty unfair, they won fair and square." I shot Mom a glare, "No one had to say it was rigged."

"We're not saying that word, and we're not talking about that." Mom scolds us, "That's over."

"Well, that's what happened." Kenzie murmurs.

"Okay, but that's not what we're talking about." Mom says.

"Just shush." Maddie adds.

I kick the back of her seat.

"Melanie!" She yells.

"Oops, my bad." I roll my eyes, "It was an accident. And don't talk so loud, just shush."

Kenzie and I high-five as Maddie groans.

"This team is really too stressful." Maddie comments.

"Aren't you happy that you get to do other things besides being on the team?" Mom asks, "I mean, that you get to, you know, you get to do other opportunities."

"Of course." Maddie answers, "Like, not to be rude, but am I gonna choose a movie or a competition? Obviously, I'm gonna chose a movie."

"Right."

"But my team is always what I'm gonna go back to-- I mean, they're my best friends, and I love dancing with them. I'm always going to be an ALDC dancer."

"Right."

"It's not like after I'm done dancing there, because I'm older or I get another job, it's not like I just, like, forget about it. Like, I will never forget about it. It is probably the craziest studio ever--"

"You just went through a red light." I interrupt.

"It was yellow." Mom says.

We get to the studio and Kenzie runs off. Maddie and I follow her inside and get ready for pyramid.

"Welcome back." Abby starts, "We were at Expressions Dance Competition and you guys did really well. We did something that was completely unexpected by the crowd and by the competition, and we were the overall high-score winning group." We all clap, "All right, let's talk about our duet and our trios. First, Nia and Melanie, even though you were second, you guys did a good job, you were just overshadowed by the stuff going on between the trios."

I look over to Nia and we high-five.

"Second of all, Brynn, congratulations. She led her team to victory. You were the highest duet-trio of the event. I thought you were outstanding. From where I was sitting, I loved the number." Abby continues, "Now, you are a member of this team."

"Abby, how do you really feel about moms who don't necessarily agree with the way results went." Ashlee says, "Automatically questioning--"

"Why don't you just stop-- All you want is drama here." Mom says, "Why don't we just go on with the pyramid."