Little Darlings

I change into my dance clothes. Finally I don't have to wear the ALDC ones because we're not filming. I style my hair to a high ponytail and take my dance bag.

Later I arrive to the studio, but Mads and Kenz weren't there today, Mads was filming the Sia video and Kenzie didn't have anything to do at the studio today. I enter studio A and stand beside the other girls of my group.

There are seven girls in the group, Emma, Mia, Klara, Zoe, Becky, Julie and I. 

"There's a competition this weekend and you'll be performing a tap routine." Gianna tells us.

"Tap? Abby never lets me tap because that's like Maddie's thing." I say.

"Yeah, the routine is called 'Little Darlings' and we need to hurry up because the studio is closing earlier today." Gianna says and Klara raises her hand, "Yes?"

"Why is it closing earlier?" Klara asks.

"Remodeling." Gianna answers, "Okay, let's get working."

I put on my tap shoes and then we all spread apart. Then we start rehearsing.

I leave at 4:30 and Mom picks me up. 

"Where are Kenzie and Mads?" I ask as I put my seatbelt on.

"They're back at set." She says.

"So we're going to the set now?" I ask and she nods.

"How did rehearsal go?" Mom asks.

"So we're doing a tap routine called 'Little Darlings'. The costumes come in tomorrow." I tell her.

"And who choreographed it?" She asks.

"Gianna." I answer, "She's so different from Abby."

We arrive to the set and we get off. We enter and quickly find Kenzie, who was playing on her phone. I hear the music and then notice that they were filming.

"Oh hi there." I hear someone say and I turn around,"You're Melanie, right?"

"Mhm." I say. 

It was Sia, the great voice behind it all. 

"Melissa, we're almost over so when Maddie wraps up you can go." She tells Mom.

"Okay, thank you." Mom says as she walks away.

"Yeah, that is THE Sia." Kenzie tells me as I watch Sia walk away.

"So cool." I say. 

After 20 minutes we all go back home and I take a shower, watch some TV, prepare for dance the next day and go to sleep.

•Next Day•

"You know the dance recital is soon?" Mia asks as we stretch.

"Yeah, I'm so excited to perform all of my solos there." I say.

"I'm not excited." She says and I look at her confused.

"Why?" I ask.

"Let's just say that my mom and Abby argued, and I'm leaving." Mia says.

"When?" I ask again and she sighs.

"After tomorrow's competition." Mia says.

"You're leaving after tomorrow?" I say and look at the floor, "It's probably better, right..?"

"Yeah." Mia answers.

"Gianna called us in." Julie says and we all go in.

We all get into our positions and start practicing again, trying to perfect it. When we're over Gianna calls us over to talk.

"So you know that this is Mia's last time dancing with you guys." Gianna says and everyone looks at Mia.

"Please don't leave." Zoe says.

This just remembers me of the Hylands.

"Because of that we need to make this the best routine you've ever performed, so that it can be a great ending to the original seven." Gianna says and I nod.

We've been dancing together since at least I was three, so we've been dancing four years together now.

"But who's going to replace her?" Becky asks.

"You would be incorporating to the other mini team." Gianna tells us and Emma gasps.

"So that means that there wouldn't be two teams anymore?" Emma asks and Gia nods, "But that was cool!"

"But next year you're all going to be juniors anyways." Gia says, "Also the costumes came in. So let's go check them."

•Competition Day•

"And now next up we've got entry number 113, this is a mini tap group, please welcome 'Little Darlings'."

We do the dance and when we leave the stage we have a group hug. 

"Hey, awards start soon." I say noticing how Mia tried to leave.

"I can't stay, I'm leaving now." Mia says.

"Right now?" I ask.

"Yes." She answers and I hug her.

"I'm gonna miss you." I say and she hugs me back.

"Me too, Mel." Mia says and we separate, "Bye."

"Goodbye." I say and she walks away.

"Mel, awards are starting." I hear Becky say and I turn around.

"Coming!" I say and leave.

We go back on stage and sit, now to wait.

After an hour they started announcing the top mini groups, our category, I'm kinda excited to become a junior though.

"In fifth place is entry number 101, 'Wild Animals'. In fourth place is entry number 95, 'Rise And Shine'." The announcer says and we all hold our hands. "In third place is entry number 82, 'Mama Said'. In second place is entry number 116, 'Playtime'. In first place is entry number 113, 'Little Darlings'."

We all stand up and go receive the award.

"And what studio are you from?"

"Abby Lee Dance Company."

After awards, we all go to the dressing room.

"Wanna go eat pizza?" Emma asks.

"Yeah." I answer.

"We gotta celebrate." Klara says, "Did anyone else notice that Mia left?"

"Yes, she didn't even say goodbye." Zoe says, "A little bit rude."

"There's a reason to everything." I whisper and go change into my street clothes.

After that, we go eat pizza and celebrate our victory.