One Last Dance

"What do you mean where's your costume?" Holly asks.

"I packed it yesterday before getting on the bus." I answer, "But now I was going to change into it and it isn't there, the bag's empty."

"What about Maddie's and Kenzie's?" Jill asks.

"They're both there." I say, "But mine isn't. And my solo costume is my same duet costume."

At the same time, all the mini moms enter with all the girls.

The problem was not having my costume, the problem is that I depend on it for the storyline.

How can I say it? My solo ends up with my laying on the floor, I'm supposed to have blood on my white dress, that dress had the everything ready, and now I don't have anything ready.

"Mads, did you bring your extra costume?" Mom asks Maddie as she sits down besides her.

"Yeah." Maddie answers as she starts doing her makeup, "Why?"

"Do you think it could fit Melanie?"

"Why not?"

"All right, go change, we'll talk about the rest later." Abby tells me as I take the bag and run off.

I change into Maddie's extra costume, and it did fit, which was surprising.

I go back and start doing the makeup.

"Okay, so I'll let you improv." Abby says and everyone looks at her, "Your solo depends on the costume that you don't have here, so you'll just improv."

"Well, I am good at improv." I say, "Hopefully enough to be first."

I style my hair into a perfect bun and spray it.

"This is a big honor for you guys." Abby starts and the four of us walk up to her, "Areana? When you're out on that stage, people are gonna look at you and think, are you as good as Mackenzie when she was that age? I don't know. Now remember, when you do something that's epic and it's a story, it takes a lot more thought than doing a hip and a hip and a leg and a kick." Shady, "So take them somewhere else. Let them know who you are and what you're about. Because in dance and acting and modeling or whatever, sometimes you forget people. Right? And somebody new comes along, somebody hot, and they take over. And you don't even remember that star you used to like ten years ago."

So it looks like she has done that long before Maddie and Brooke.

"All right. Let's do this."

Nia hands me my team jacket and I put it on. We all start our way backstage.

On my mind, I was only thinking about what I wanted to do. The music that I chose kind of has a story, so I gotta take them somewhere, just like Abby said to Areana.

We waited for Areana and Elliana to perform their solos. Sometimes waiting is even worse than doing. I know that the hard way.

"We never thought this day would come." Kalani says, "Like, this is the last competition with you guys, so, have fun. These are gonna be solid solo on stage today."