Love On The Dance Floor

All right, where's Cathy?" Miss Abby asks and pyramid starts, "Where's Vivi-Anne?"

"Don't know." Mommy answers.

"Right now, I am at the end of the rope with Cathy." Miss Abby says and reveals the first picture, "Mackenzie, now you and Vivi-Anne are supposed to have a duet, but no Vivi. So you might be doing 'Summer' by yourself." She reveals the next headshot, "Chloe, you're going to take a week off. I'm not going to do a new solo for you. I think you need to work in your technique. I was happy with fourth place, your mother was not. And I don't think you were, either."

Miss Abby reveals the next headshot, and it was Nia. She proceeds to explain everything about the placement.

"Next, Melanie," Miss Abby reveals my headshot, "You won the photogenic award, your duet was first, and I think you had a great week."

Maddie

Brooke   Paige   Melanie

Nia   Chloe   Vivi-Anne  Mackenzie

There was a surprise at pyramid, and it was Brandon. Brandon is one of Brooke's exs, and they had to do some partnerwork for the group routine, this was going to be interesting.

•Three Days To Competition•

"Can we please go to the fair?" I plead Mommy as we eat lunch.

"Pretty please." Maddie says.

"Who's going to take you?" Mommy asks.

"Umm." Kenzie thinks for a moment, "We can ask someone."

"No."

"Why?" 

"End of discussion."

"Not fair." I cross my arms.

"Now go change."

"Fine." Kenzie says with an attitude.

"Mackenzie, stop it."

"But it isn't fair." Maddie says.

"Yeah." I agree.

"Madison, Mackenzie, and Melanie, go change."

We all storm back to the hotel room and change. We get to the studio and I just wait for Maddie to be over. 

To be honest, I thought Orlando was going to be more fun.

•One Day To Competition•

Today we were going to Miss Abby's Orlando house, and I was really excited.

"My Mom, the one and only Maryen Lorrain is home." Miss Abby announces and I run to hug her.

After that we all eat and some of the girls jump to the pool. I keep playing with the food in my green plate, moving it side to side with my plastic spoon.

"You don't want to eat anymore?" Holly asks and I nod, "Go."

I stand up and get a donut float throw it to the pool and jump inside of it. I sit on it and let it take me around.

"Looks fun." Paige says, "But you know what's funnier?"

As she's about to push me off the float, Kelly stops her.

"Don't." Kelly tells her from outside the pool, "She just ate."

"Cannonball!"

Brooke jumps inside the pool, splashing all of the moms outside.

"Brooke Marie!" Christi laughs.

The rest of the day was pool day, and it was the best day yet.

•First Day Of Competition•

Maddie and Brooke qualified for a pageant, and we were sitting in the audience.

There's a secret hiding in my heart
Don't know where it ends or where it starts
Though I haven't any clue
All I know is that it's true

"

Ladies and gentlemen, Miss Maddie." The announcer says as Maddie walks off stage and we all cheer.

Soon the speech round came around, and I got nervous for Maddie.               

"Hi, my name is Julianna." Maddie's 'biggest competitor', Julianna, says into the microphone, "I'm from Saddle River, New Jersey. I'm so honored to be here tonight. I would like to thank my mom for supporting me in all I do. Starpower, thank you for this opportunity." SHe reverences and walks off stage as everyone cheers.

"Ladies and gentlemen, Miss Julianna."

And it was Maddie's turn.

"Good evening, ladies, gentlemen, and judges." Maddie starts, "My name is Maddie, I am 8-years-old, and I am from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. I hope you enjoyed my eve--" She stops for a moment, "My performance this evening. Thank you."

"Ladies and gentlemen, Miss Maddie."

She had a little bit of trouble with the speaking part, but she didn't need to worry, because she won the entire thing, again.

•Second Day Of Competition•

Shiny lip-gloss photo-shoot
Dress me up, then peek-a-boo
I don’t think so

I

knew one thing, Brandon and Brooke had no chemistry-- Whatsoever at all. It was cringy to watch.

The dance didn't place.

•Third Day Of Competition•

There was only one dance left, again, and it was Nia's solo, again. I just wanted to go home at this point. I sat there bored out of my mind, wondering when everything was going to be over.

"Please welcome to the stage, Nia! This is 'Bollywood'!" The announcer says and Nia goes on stage.

She looked like she had fun with it. I was happy for her for that.

Nia was also first with her solo, and Cathy and Miss Abby argued.

Guess there's no more Vivi and Cathy.