Chloe VS Kendall, Round Two

"Aw, twins!" Paige exclaims, referring to Payton and I, and we both laugh.

"Girls! Come on, let's go!" We hear Abby say and we all enter studio A, "Congratulations, the overall high score winners. I wish it was a great weekend, in Orlando, Florida. Last week wasn't so great. I saw some things I hope I never see again. Did you ever hear the expression, 'It's all fun and games until somebody loses an eye?' all right let's get to this pyramid. Melissa, please tell me that there's nothing wrong."

"It's broken." Mom says and everyone looks at her, "4 to 6 weeks."

"4 to 6 weeks? No way." Abby says and I smile sadly, looking at her.

Now I have a boot on my left foot, and I'm on crutches, I knew something like this was going to happen, now I'm out and Abby will keep having out auditions, if I don't keep my eye out, I'll probably be off the team before I know it.

~~~

I stare at the boot, I still can't believe I'm out. Like a week ago I was out there dancing with my friends and now I just have to sit. I'm basically out for two whole months, and by that point the new members will be here. Maybe I should have worried more about my spot on the team like Kenzie did. 

"Hey hey heeeeey." Chloe sings as she enters the Dancer's Den and sits beside me. 

"Hi." I say, still looking at the boot.

"I know you're upset, but you can try and do something else, like to have fun." Chloe says and I look at her.

"And what do you suggest?" I ask.

"Um, painting? Drawing?" Chloe suggests, "Maybe take some acting or singing classes. You've got plenty of time now."

"I'll think about it." I tell her and we both smile, "Thanks, Chlo."

"No problem." Chloe tells me and stands up.

The rest of the girls enter and Chloe leaves to learn her solo. 

Competition day was nice, with that I mean nice weather. We all get off the bus and start walking towards the building where the competition is being held on. Cathy and her group are also there by the stairs and she starts talking once they see us. I try to ignore them but it looks that I'm the most interesting thing today.

"Oh Abby, so you have a dancer out, that's too bad." A mom says.

"That girl is basically half of the team." Cathy tells the mom and I look at her.

"Melanie, just ignore her." Abby tells me and I try to walk faster, but it is hard when you have crutches.

I decide to go to the audience to wait for everyone to get ready and stuff, so that's why I had my tablet, with internet and headphones, guess who will be watching YouTube now. Like ten minutes later, everyone arrives and Mom tells me to take my headphones off. 

"Welcome to the stage entry number 115, from the Abby Lee Dance Company, Kendall."

Sometimes so slow, it's time to go, go... Turn myself around, I go up, I go down. Then I turn myself around, round.

After her another soloist goes and after that is Chloe's turn.

"Welcome to the stage entry number 117, from the Abby Lee Dance Company, Chloe performing 'Wreck It'."

Not a trend, you just let me go, why did you have to crush me? Why did you have to push me down? Why did you have to hush me? Why do you have to crush everything you mean to me?

After her solo ended both the ALDC and the CADC groups go to their dressing rooms, and I just wait for them to come back. This is so boring, I can't be two months like this! They come back just in time for the CADC group to go in.

"Welcome to the stage now contestant number 193, 'Wild Party' from Candy Apples Dance Center."

With a man, his name was Burrs, his act came on just after hers. But lately Queenie whined with unrest. Lately, she was bored with him, she needed more than this. 

 Right after the music goes down the CADC group jumps from their seats and scream. Soon it was time for the ALDC group dance, and boy, I wish I could dance with them.

"Performing 'The Witches of East Canton', this is the Abby Lee Dance Company."

Fighting away go to get through. No, I can't take it, I can't take it. How can I learn to trust you? Fighting a way how to get through. No, I can't take it, I can't take it.

At the end, the moms do the same the CADC moms did, jump out their seats and scream. This is a good competition today, the girls were amazing but I gotta admit, the CADC group dance was also pretty good, so it's a little bit hard.

~~~

"Now, ladies and gentlemen, third place goes to Courtney from Nina's School of Dance. Receiving out second place, overall junior age division, 'Holla', Kendall from Abby Lee Dance Company. Now ladies and gentlemen, our first place overall award, Chloe from the Abby Lee Dance Company."

They all sit down and after a while it is time for the group dances awards. 

"Our third place goes to number 158 'Shake, Move, Wiggle' Floyd Ward School of Dance. Second place overall, junior age division small group, goes to contestant number 193,  'Wild Party', Candy Apples Dance Center. Now, ladies and gentlemen, receiving our overall award, first place junior age division for small group level two, number 194 'The Witches of East Canton', Abby Lee Dance Company."

They all go receive the awards and the CADC storm off. We all go back to the dressing room and I found a positive side of having a camera crew everywhere, they can go buy you food! I sit down and start eating my burger as the girls arrive and celebrate, I just wished all weekends were like this.