Camouflaged Maneuvers

Melanie

Brooke   Kendall   Maddie

Paige   Nia   Mackenzie

First three days of rehearsal, struggling. I mean, it's hip-hop. The group dance is hip-hop this week, and it's hard. Also, Miss Abby has been acting weird, I think it has something to do with the speed dating stuff from last week. Let's not even mention the fact that Kenzie's foot is also hurting. Don't ask, just tell, but I don't even know what to tell.

Two Days To Competition

I was watching myself on the mirror as I practiced the group number in studio D. No one was there, I was all alone, rehearsing. Miss Abby, Mommy, Holly, and Jill were all gone 'because Miss Abby had a date later', and according to Miss Abby, the moms are 'three blind mice'.

Who said hip-hop was easy?

I wish I could see Miss Abby doing hip-hop instead of us.

I do a back tuck and fall, right on top of my right hand. I quickly move and look at it. It doesn't look bad, for now. I decide to go back to the Dancer's Den and check at it. This is what happens when you try to be productive, next time I'm just gonna stay home and eat chips.

~~~

"We all need to aspire to be Jill." Chloe tells us at our JVFC meeting, "Because she's everything we've always wanted."

"Yes, madam Jill." Paige adds.

"Wait." Brooke says and we all look over to her, "The week's over, we're still not getting boyfriends, so we should let Jill live."

"She doesn't know about this." I comment and Kendall does a nervous face, "Right, K?"

"It kinda slipped at dinner." Kendall tells us, "So she knows."

"Kendall K!" Kenzie says.

"All right, the Jill Vertes Fan Club is officially over." Chloe announces, "It was good while it lasted."

Just like that, Jill's 15 minutes of fame were over.

One Day To Competition

"So I'm just gonna drop the two of your off at dance and take Kenzie to the hospital." Mommy tells us as she drives.

"My gosh, Abby's gonna be mad." Maddie comments and I chuckle.

"Can I go with you?" I ask, "I don't wanna go to dance."

"You never miss dance, Mel." Mommy tells me, "And I don't want you to get sick there."

"Fine." I say.

We get to the studio and I follow Maddie to the Dancer's Den. Soon she goes to studio A to rehearse her solo and I sit there, using my phone,

"Where Kenzie?" I hear Nia ask and look up.

"At the hospital." I answer, "Her foot is worse."

"I hope it's okay." Chloe comments.

"And where's Maddie?" Kendall asks and we hear some yelling from inside, "Now we know."

Paige comes running into the Dancer's Den.

"You're staying over!" Paige runs over to me.

"Really?" I ask.

"Yes!" She exclaims, "It looks that Kenzie has to stay longer at the hospital so Maddie and you are staying over."