Abby's Replaceable

"Knock knock."

"Who isn't there?" I ask, not moving from the bed.

"Frances Mackenzie."

"Remember what I told you twenty times for the past hour?" I say, "Leave me alone!"

"Geez."

I hear her footsteps going away and I sit on the bed. 

Call me weird, but for the past two days, I've been on my room, almost pitch black. You would think that after the incident I would avoid dark rooms, but I like it. It just calms me down. Maddie had to go back to New York. Mom and Kenzie have tried to talk to me, but I prefer being alone right now. 

I sigh as I unlock my phone and check the hour.

10:30 am

Guess I should start packing. 

Instead of spending the time alone, I decide to take out my new camera. I've been thinking about starting a YouTube channel for a while, and I think that this it the time, when I don't want to talk to anyone. Ironic, Mel.

"Hey guys." I start vlogging, "Welcome to my channel. I want to say welcome back, but this is the first video, so I still can't say that, hopefully soon. Anyways, I need to get ready for dance, even though I'm a little bit scared about what could happen, but we gotta go."

I quickly change into my dance clothes, and street clothes over it. I style my hair into a ponytail and take my dance bag.

"All ready." I fake smile at the camera, really Mel? Now it's not the time, "Let's go downstairs."

I put my left hand in the knob and stop.

Is this really what you want?

It's been too long, I won't give up now. I mean, how am I supposed to get my Grammy? 

Wait, so you want to be a singer?

In a couple years, now, let's go.

I rush downstairs into the kitchen, where Kenzie and Mom were talking.

"You all done?" Kenzie asks.

"Say hello to the vlog." I actually smile.

"Since when do you vlog?" Mom smiles.

"Since now." I answer.

Whoa, it feels good to actually smile again.

"I call shotgun." Kenzie announces.

"Guess it's fair." I shrug, "But I call shotgun for the ride back."

"What?" Kenzie asks, "You are smart."

"I know, some may say I'm a genius." I flip my hair and look at the camera, "Would you?"

"Of course, Melie, of course." Kenzie says on a sarcastic tone and I laugh.

The three of us, and Kalani, make our way to the car. Soon enough, we meet up with the rest.

"I gotta go, but I'll be back later." I say as I stop vlogging.

"Sounds fun." JoJo comments, "You better?"

"Way better." I chuckle, "Even though I have an appointment tomorrow."

"For what?" She asks.

"Therapist."

"Oh."

"Pretty simple." I tell her, "I'm actually curious of what's going to happen. Last time, she gave me brownies."