Big Trouble In The Big Apple

Monday was good at morning, but we still have to go to the studio. I had this feeling, something bad was going to happen. It wasn't like forgetting a dance or problems with a prop, this time it was bigger. Oh well, I'll just have to wait to find out.

"I would love to say congratulations, I would like to be excited about the overall high score win of the group routine. It was the highest scoring routine of the event, but I wasn't so excited about my fourth place solo, and my third place duet." Abby starts pyramid.

"Abby, do you regret bringing Chloe in?" Jill asks, "It took away time from every one of these kids. Do you regret that? Or--"

"No, actually, I really enjoyed working with that young lady." Abby answers and everyone looks at her.

"On-on our kids' time, though. This is your ALDC, this is your name in your back." Jill says, "Not hers."

"Jill, are you teaching me how to run my business?" Abby asks and everything goes silent.

"No, no, but she didn't fit in with this team, and more than that, she took away from your kids." Jill defends herself.

"And you said you want a dancer and a dance mom that can hit the ground running." Holly adds.

"I do." Abby says.

"She didn't-- she never got to the starting block" Holly says.

"I think it's a little off when I bring one person in. It hasn't worked. That's why I made a little decision." Abby announces, "I'm not bringing in a dancer to replace one of you. I'm looking to cast an entire new elite junior competition team."

I'm shocked, a whole new team? Yeah, I'm officially out by this point. I can't help but look at everyone, who are as shocked as I am. The tension is felt everywhere, and I close my eyes, wishing this was just a dream.

"Ladies, this is a reality check. I will be forming another team to challenge you. They'll get to start from scratch, just like you guys did. I'm auditioning kids from all over the country now. I know what I want. Maddie. You might be on the new team. Let's get to pyramid. Melanie. Injured."

Maddie

Paige   Brooke

Mackenzie   Nia   Kendall   Chloe   Melanie

"This week we will be going to New York. You will be competing at Sheer Talent. Paige, it's been a long time, you will be performing a solo. The name of the solo is 'Ooh-La-La'. I believe it is just right for you. Brooke. You will also be performing a solo this week. It will be a contemporary acrobatic routine. It'd better be amazing. Paige and Chloe, you will also be performing a duet. The title of the duet. Aptly titled, 'Wishbone'. Right now everybody is in the group dance. Obviously except Melanie. 'Beautiful Revenge'. You're all beautiful, and I need to get some revenge in New York.  I will also be hosting my third open-call audition. New York City. Chloe, you're going to come to the audition, and your mom is gonna work too. Kelly. You think you're up to help Christi? Paige and Brooke, you will be accompanying your mother, Chloe and Christi to New York City on Friday."

"I have a question, what are Maddie, Mackenzie, Kendall, and Nia doing while we're in auditions?" Christi asks.

"They're attending NUVO dance competition in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. I don't want to hold my students back. That's a competition I want to attend. Spread apart, let's go."

I sit on the back of the studio and take out my phone. After half an hour of the girls rehearsing and Abby yelling corrections, the door that leads to the Dancer's Den opens and I look up.