Followed

Gracie's POV (14 years old)

It wasn't very often that I would walk home from school alone, but today was one of those days. Will was meant to collect me from school today but he rang me to say that he was stuck in traffic so I just decided to make my own way home. I put my headphones in and blasted Hamilton, strange I know, but hey! Don't judge me! It's only been a fairly recent thing that I've been allowed to walk around on my own, what with both of my brothers seeing some pretty scary things in their jobs, they are super strict about stuff like that. But hey, its not that bad! At least I get a ride most places!

I was walking through the park a few blocks away from our apartment when I noticed a middle aged guy sitting on a bench staring at me. I avoided his eye contact in a hope that he would ignore me which it would appear he had. I sighed with relief as I passed by the guy safely. Now I know why Jay tells me not to come in here alone. But hey, its a shortcut!

My heart skipped a beat when I heard footsteps behind me, I turned around but no one was there. Weird I thought to myself as I turned forward.

"Oh my god" I jumped out of my skin when that same dude put his arm around my shoulder and laughed, the smell of alcohol radiating off his breath.

"Sorry Darlin I didn't mean to scare ya" he slurred as his arm tightened around me, "what's a pretty thing like you doing walking round these parts alone?" He asked curiously.

My heartbeat sped up as he moved his hand down my back, "get off me!" I screamed as I attempted to squirm out of his grip.

"Ah don't be like that darlin" he slurred. I elbowed him in the ribs causing him to let go of me and I ran as fast as my legs would carry me, speeding up when I heard him following me! Shit! What am I gonna do? I suddenly had a brainwave as my surroundings became more familiar to me. The firehouse is on this street! I turned around and found that he was gaining on me and made extra effort to pick up speed as I saw the firehouse in the distance. I was gonna make it!

I turned in to the fire house drive way and saw some firefighters talking near the doors. Severide and Casey!

"Casey" I shouted "Kelly" they turned around, alarmed by my sudden presence,

"What's wrong are you ok?" Kelly asked I concern as he put his hands on my shoulders in an attempt to calm me down. He looked up when he noticed the guy staring at me from the bench across the road.

"Please" I cried "please help me, he won't leave me alone. He grabbed me and I couldn't get away and then I did but he started chasing me an-" I was cut off by Casey who was glaring at the guy who was completely unfazed by the presence of the firemen.

"Woah woah woah calm down kid" he urged as he led me in to the firehouse towards the crowd of concerned firefighters that had formed, "why don't you go with Otis and sit down ok? He'll get you something to drink" he assured as Otis nodded and led me in to the kitchen.

Nobodys POV

"Who the hell is this guy" Herrmann asked no one in particular.

"I don't know, but I'm gonna find out" Severide announced as he marched towards the scrawny drunk man with Casey, Cruz, Herrmann, and Mills not far behind.

"Hey" Severide shouted "what the hell do you think you're doing?" He asked. The man looked unfazed by the group of angry men that stood before him and shrugged his shoulders,

"I don't know what your talking about dude" he slurred "I'm just resting" he snorted,

"I'd imagine you'd need a rest after chasing a young girl across the city" Cruz commented with his arms crossed across his chest. The drunk man laughed,

"Oh, yeah, that" he laughed out. But his amusement didn't last long when he was hauled off the bench by his collar and pinned up against the wall by Casey, "woah hey dude cal-" the man was cut off,

"You think it's funny?" He asked "scaring young girls?" He shook him "you don't seem to be laughing now big guy" Casey joked. He was pulled off the guy by Herrmann,

"He's not worth it man" Herrmann said patting his captain on the back "Leave him to the cops" Casey nodded and walked back in to the firehouse to call Gracies brothers, leaving Mills and Severide with the sleeze bag.

Gracie's POV

Thanks to Otis, I had mostly calmed down by the time Casey walked back in to the kitchen,

"How you doing" he asked with concern,

"Better" I replied "I'm sorry for barging in here but I didn't know what else to do an-" I was once again cut off by the captain,

"Hey, there's no need to apologise" he said sternly "you did what you had to do and you thought on your feet, you should be proud of yourself" he said making me smile, "Jay is on his way but I couldn't get hold of Will" he informed me. I nodded,

"He's stuck in traffic" I informed "that's why I was walking home." He nodded in understanding; we sat for a while with the other guys from the fire house chatting. I think they were trying to make me feel better, but until I was back with my brothers, I don't think there was much chance of that.

Ten minutes later Severide and Mills walked in, "you've a visitor Gracie" Mills announced as Jay walked in. He opened his arms allowing me to run in to them, relief washing over me.

"You're ok, I've got you" he said as I cried in to his chest. After a few moments he pulled me away from him so he could asses my face, wiping away the tears that had fallen, "What happened?" He asked concerned and confused.

"Will rang me and said that he was stuck in traffic so I started to walk home myself, I took that shortcut through the park an-" Jay cut me off,

"This is why we tell you not to go through there by yourself" he lectured.

"I know I'm really sorry, but when I was in the park that guy started talking to me then he grabbed me and wouldn't let me go so I elbowed him and just ran" tears ran down my face once again as Jay pulled me back in to his chest, "can we just go home?" I asked tearfully."

"Of course" he said as he ushered me to get my backpack, which I did.

We thanked all of the firefighters for helping me and walked out of the firehouse just as Atwater was putting my 'stalker' in to the back of a police car. Adam noticed us and walked over,

"You ok kid?" He asked as he pulled me in for a one armed hug, I nodded,

"Yeah" I said "I'm just ready for home" I admitted and he smiled,

"I don't blame you" he said "hop in and I'll give you a lift home" he offered.

"Thanks dude" Jay said gratefully as we made our way over to Adams car. Or rather a work car that Adam has borrowed. But Jay came here with Adam and it's better than walking.

Adam drove us home and we were met by a frantic looking Will who enveloped me in a massive hug as soon as I got out of the car,

"I'm so sorry Gracie" he said as he gave me a kiss on the head,

"It's not your fault" I ensured him but he shook his head,

"If I'd been there then none of this would have happened" he blamed,

"You didn't know there would be traffic Will" I said "I'm fine" I assured him with a teary smile.

"Come on you two girls, how about we order Pizza?" Jay asked as he unlocked the door,

"As long as I don't have to share" I bargained with a cheeky smirk. So that's what we did. We ordered three large pizzas and spent the evening watching movies on the sofa.