Wedding Reception Disaster

Gracies POV (4 Years Old)

"Gracie" Will shouted "you don't need to be running around here" he scolded "just slow it down a little" he suggested. I chose to ignore him and continue running around and around all of the circular tables that where set up in the room.

"It's fine" I assured running away from him and, consequently, in to someone else.

"Carful there" the waiter said as he studied me on my feet.

"Sorry sir" I apologised before running away again.

"Gracelyn" I stopped dead in my tracks and turned to see Jay sitting at one of the tables with a beer in his hand "c'mere" he instructed.

I shook my head, not particularly liking the look on his face. Plus, I know he won't spank me in front of all these people.

"One. Two" he gave me a pointed look that had be by his side in a second "if you don't start doing as you're told soon I'm gonna take you home" he warned.

"No you won't" I challenged before running away from him once again.

Weddings are boring. I like my pretty dress though. I got really bored of running around the tables so decided to hide from the grown ups under one of the tables, the long white table cloth hiding me from them. We where at out cousin Katies wedding and it's far less interesting than I had anticipated. We don't really know cousin Katie but I overhear Will say she insisted we come.

"Where's Gracie?" I heard Jay ask.

"I figured she was with you" Will replied.

"Gracie?" I heard Jay say as his voice moved around the room.

"Gracie if you're hiding I suggest you come out right now" Will warned. I giggled slightly but quickly covered my mouth with my hands. Unfortunately I wasn't quick enough because Wills head soon looked under the table "get out from there right now" he demanded seriously "Jay I found her" he announced as I crawled from underneath the table.

Will grabbed hold of my hand and pulled me over to the table where he and Jay had been sitting along with some other people I didn't really know.

"You know better than to hide from people" Jay scolded "now sit down so we know where you are" he instructed as he lifted me up on to the chair next to him.

"Whatever" I sassed, making a W with my fingers on my forehead.

"Ey, watch it missy" he warned "I already told you that I'll take you home if you don't buck you ideas up" he reminded.

"But I don't wanna go home" I scowled as I brought my feet up on to the chair in front of me.

"Then I suggest you start doing as you're told" he replied, moving my feet back off of the chair.

"Then I suggest you start doing as you're told" I mimicked.

"Gracelyn, enough" Jay replied frustratedly.

"Gracelyn, enough" I continued. Jay opened his mouth to reply but he was quickly cut off by Will.

"Jay, we promised Katie we'd at least stay until after the speeches" Will reminded "Gracie c'mere" he gestured over to himself before pulling me up on to his knee "stop trying to annoy people" he said as he handed me my colouring book and pencils to keep me occupied.

Fifteen minutes later I was once again bored.

"Sit still Gracie" Will scolded as his arm around my waist remained.

"I wanna get down" I said as I continued to wriggle around.

"Right, if I let you down then you need to promise to do no more running around and to stay where we can see you" he lectured and I nodded my head, not really listening to what he was saying. "Gracie" Will prompted, obviously expecting a verbal answer.