Shots

Gracies POV (5 Years Old)

"I'm not doing it" I scowled as Jay drove me to the ED for my shots.

"It's not up for discussion Gracie" Jay replied for the thousandth time "you're lucky we know someone who can do it for you rather than going to a random doctors office" he added.

"I'm not getting a shot" I insisted making him sigh.

"I already told you Gracie, you need to get your shots before you go back to school" he said.

"Then don't send me to school" I shrugged. Was it really that difficult.

"Not an option" he scoffed "and even if you weren't in school you'd still need to get your shots" he added.

"Well I'm not gonna" I huffed as I crossed my arms over my chest.

"Okay, you keep thinking that kiddo" he mumbled as he continued the drive to the ED.

Eventually, and a little too soon from my liking, we pulled up in the parking lot at the hospital.

"Out you get" Jay said once he had unbuckled me from my car seat.

"No" I shook my head tearfully.

"Gracie" Jay warned with a sigh "look, I know you don't like getting your shots but it will be over before you know it" he assured "now please get out of the car so we can get it over and done with" he insisted.

"Nope" I scowled determinedly.

"Get out of the car" he said sternly but I shook my head adamantly "one" he began making me whine.

"Stooooppp" I pleaded.

"Two" he continued.

"I want Will to take me" I screeched.

"He's at work you might see him inside" Jay huffed "out. Now" he said.

"NO!" I screamed, kicking the seat in front of me.

"Enough. You either get out yourself or I get you out and drag you in there myself" he warned.

"I DON'T WANNA" I screamed tearfully.

"Fine"Jay shrugged before leaning over and lifting me from the car. He ignored my kicking and screaming as he took hold of my upper arm and frog marched me in to the ED.

"GET OFF ME!" I screamed as I wriggled around in an attempt to make an escape.

"Gracelyn. Everyone in here doesn't want to hear you screaming" Jay said as we walked over to the room Maggie was gesturing to. Jay finally let go of me and I turned around, wrapping my arms around his waist and clinging on to him for dear life.

"I don't wanna get a shot" I sobbed. He let out a soft sigh before bending down to my level.

"I know you don't like it kiddo but you still need to get it done. Just take a super big breath and before you can let it go it will be over with" he reassured.

"Will you stay with me?" I asked with wide eyes.

"I'm not going anywhere" he smiled.

"And you'll hold my hand?" I asked making him smile.

"As tight as you need me to" he assured with a wink.

"Ok" I nodded sadly.

"Good girl" he said as he leant forward and gave me a kiss on the forehead "if you're good I'll take you for some ice cream before we go home" he said making my eyes widen.

"Can I get cookie dough?" I asked hopefully.

"Absolutely" he smiled "but you have to sit nicely and let Natalie do what she needs to do. Ok?" He asked and I nodded in understanding.