Homesickness

Gracies POV (5 Years Old)

"Have you definitely got everything you need?" Will asked as he zipped up my weekend bag.

"I think so" I nodded in confirmation "did you put bunny in there?" I asked.

"First thing I packed" he nodded "now go get your shoes on please" he instructed.

I ran in to the hallway and put on my purple sparkly sketchers that had the velcro straps and flashed when you jumped! Jay soon appeared with my backpack and weekend bag and, once I said goodbye to Will, we walked out to Jays truck.

"How long do I have to stay with Hailey?" I asked as I aimlessly swung my legs back and forth.

"Just until Sunday. So that's two sleeps" he informed and I nodded thoughtfully.

"And then you and Will come home?" I asked making Jay nod with a smile.

"Then we come home" he confirmed.

The rest of the drive to Haileys apartment was pretty boring and we where soon walking up the stairs and knocking on her door.

"Hey guys, come on in" she greeted with a welcoming smile.

"Hi Hailey" I greeted as I ran in and sat down on the sofa.

She and Jay talked for a few minutes and Jay explained a few things to here before he called me back over to him.

"Are you going now?" I asked as my brother crouched down in front of me.

"Yeah" he confirmed "now remember what I said ok? Be on your best behaviour and listen to what Hailey tells you to do. We'll be back on Sunday and we'll call you every night" he finished.

"Okay" I nodded apprehensively "what if I miss you too much?" I asked nervously.

"Then you just hug bunny extra tight and we'll be back before you know it" he assured with a smile.

"Bye, love you" I said, giving him a kiss on the cheek and a tight bear hug.

"I love you too" he replied giving me a kiss on the temple "be good" he added as he stood up "thanks again Hailey I owe you one" he said turning to her.

"Don't sweat it. I love spending time with my little sis in law" she replied making me giggle.

"See ya" Jay said with a smirk before turning and leaving Haileys apartment.

"So I've got some paperwork I need to go drop off at work but I thought whilst we where out we could go to the store and get some treats and snacks, maybe a face pack" Hailey suggested and I jumped up and down excitedly.

"And we can watch a movie?!" I asked making her laugh.

"What would a girly movie night be without a movie" she replied "and maybe tomorrow we could do some baking?" She asked and I agreed eagerly.

Hailey went and grabbed the paperwork she needed before putting her shoes on and leading me out to her car.

"Hey, I've got this same car seat in my brothers car" I said with surprise as she opened the back door.

"It is your car seat silly" she smiled "Will came by yesterday and gave me the one from his car to use whilst their away" she explained as I climbed in and she helped me with the buckle.

Hailey put my favourite Taylor Swift playlist on as she drove to the district and we both sang along to our favourite parts.

Once the car was parked I grabbed hold of Haileys hand and we both walked up the front steps and in to the building.