A Regular Day In Lockdown

Gracies POV (13 Years Old)

I awoke to the sound of Jay saying my name whilst shaking my shoulder gently in an attempt to wake me up,

"Five more minutes" I groaned as I attempted to fall back to sleep, only to have my duvet rudely pulled from on top of me, "hey" I shouted in protest,

"Get up" he instructed with an exasperated sigh. I huffed as I sat up and swung my legs over the edge of my bed,

"Fine, I'm up" I shook my head at my brother "happy now?" I asked sarcastically,

"Ecstatic" he replied with an equal amount of sarcasm, "you need to get ready" he informed "you've got half an hour before your class starts" he said as he left me to get changed.

I jumped in the shower and washed my hair before slipping on a pair of black leggings and a light pink sweatshirt. Leaving my long chestnut hair to dry naturally I walked in to the kitchen where both of my brothers were sat drinking coffee,

"Can I have some?" I asked already knowing the answer,

"No" they replied in unison before Will looked up at me,

"You're too young to drink coffee" he said "anyway you don't need any more energy" he smirked as I rolled my eyes playfully at my brother. I poured myself a bowl of cornflakes along with a glass of apple juice I had retrieved from the fridge before joining Will and Jay at the table.

"What lessons do you have today?" Jay inquired as he continued to drink his coffee,

"English first and then maths" I informed with a disgusted look at the mention of my dreaded subject "then we have the rest of the day to work in our own time" I informed, "Are you at work?" I asked Jay who shook his head,

"Not today" he replied as he put his mug in the sink. Jay hadn't been working as much these past few weeks, what with the lockdown and everything, the intelligence team where only going in for the major cases and doing most of their research at home. Will however had been working more than ever as the need for good doctors was high. Unfortunately that meant the Jay and I were butting heads over everything and anything. He was home nearly 99% of the time and when he wasn't I had to go to work with him! We were both in desperate need of some time away from each other, but due to the circumstances, it just wasn't possible. I'm apparently 'to young' to be left on my own, and for obvious reasons since covid I hadn't been to med.

"Ok well, have a good day" Will said as he stood up to put his coat on "try not to kill each other" he said half seriously half sarcastically. I got up and gave him a hug,

"Be careful" I said as he returned the hug and gave me a kiss on the top of my head,

"Always am" he replied with a wink, "see you later" he said as he left for work.

Jay had disappeared in to the bathroom to take a shower whilst I finished my breakfast and put my pots in the sink before going to my bedroom to log on to my laptop. I hate school anyway, but online school? Yeah that sucks even more. Some of my friends have been missing loads of lessons claimed things like broken internet but I could never get away with that! One of my brothers is always checking in making sure I'm doing what I should be. I couldn't wait for all of this to be over so we can get back to some sort of normality.

I sat listening to what my English teacher was saying before I began to zone out. She was talking to us about Shakespeare, and being in to theatre like I am, there was nothing she could tell me that I don't already know. Seen as though my camera was off along with my microphone I put my headphones in and began to watch Superstore on my phone, taking an earpiece out every so often to check that I wasn't missing anything important, which of course I wasn't. Apparently I wasn't paying enough attention because I didn't notice that Jay had entered my bedroom until I felt my headphones being pulled out of my ears.