Sick At School

AN! TRIGGER WARNING! Mentions of sick and throwing up!!!

Gracies POV (5 Years Old)

I glumly walked back in to the class room, a few steps behind my classmates, and sat down at my desk with a laboured sigh.

"Are you ok Gracie?" My teacher, Miss Sanders, asked as she crouched down by me desk.

"My tummy and my head really hurt" I said with a waver in my voice,

"You look a little pale" she commented with a frown "do you feel sick?" She asked.

"Uh huh" I nodded.

"Ok sweetie" she smiled sadly "how about we go and get you a drink of water and see if that helps" she suggested.

One hour later I was trying to concentrate on my work but I was feeling worse and worse. I put my hand up and Mrs Sanders walked straight over to me.

"I'm feeling really really sick" I told her tearfully,

"Ok Gracie. Let's get someone to take you too the nurses office and she can decide if you need to go home" she told me.

Five minutes later I was sat on a small chair in the nurses office as she handed me a puke bowl just incase,

"Is there someone at home who'll be able to come and get you?" The nurse asked as she walked back behind her desk.

"I don't know" I admitted as I rubbed my tummy "they might be at work maybe" I shrugged and she smiled sympathetically at me.

"Well I'll give Will a call and see if someone can come get you" she told me before standing up and leaving the room to do just that and returning a few minutes later "so, Will can't leave work so your other brother's gonna come and pick you up" she explained and I nodded sadly "you just keep sipping on that water and it might help to make your tummy feel better" she suggested.

I sat drinking my water for around fifteen minutes before the nurse walked back in, shortly followed by Jay.

"Look who's here" the nurse announced as I jumped up from my chair and ran over to my brother.

"What's going on?" Jay asked as I held on to his shirt and he stroked my hair soothingly.

"I feel really poorly" I sobbed and Jay bent down and picked me up, holding me close to his chest.

"We'll get you home now, ok?" He asked and I nodded my head in to the crook of his neck. Jay grabbed my bag and said goodbye to the nurse before carrying me out of the school and over to his truck.

The drive home was short and uneventful and Jay was soon carrying me up the stairs and through the door.

"Do you want to put your PJ's on?" He asked me and I nodded,

"You help me though" I said as I kept my grasp on his shirt tight. Jay agreed and carried me in to my bedroom where he helped me change in to my pyjamas.

I went and sat down on the sofa and Jay carried in my pillows and duvet, helping me to settle on the sofa, before disappearing in to the bathroom. He returned a few seconds later with a glass bottle and a spoon in hand.

"Wills orders" he said as he held up the bottle of Tylenol. A frown quickly found its place on my forehead and I shook my head insistently making my brother sigh. "C'mon Gracie" he urged "it'll help you feel better" he reminded.

"No" I said determinedly and pulled my duvet over the top of my head.

"Right c'mon" he insisted as he removed the cover from on top of me "I know you don't like it but you still need to take it" he explained "if you take it quickly now then it's over and done with" he suggested.