🐍Chapter 4 - Year 1🐍

I woke up the next morning, got dressed and went to breakfast with Daphne and Pansy. We headed to our first class, potions taught by Prof. Snape with the Gryffindors, which mean that I would probably be seeing Harry.

We entered the class and, as I was expecting, Harry was seated in the front of the class alongside Hermione, I told the girls to go get us a seat while I talked to him.

I approached him cautiously, and put my hand on his shoulder, he turned around and looked at me with a blunt expression.

"Can we talk?" I asked him and he just shook his head in response.

"Are you mad at me, because I was sorted in Slytherin?" I asked him as tears treating to fall from my eyes.

"Of course not. Sure, it was a bit of a shock at first, but I'm not mad at you just because we're in different houses" he responded like the answer was obvious, which made me sigh with relief.

"Oh, thank God. It's just that... you know what, forget it. Can I borrow Hedwig? I need to send an owl to mom and dad" I asked him, while his facial expression became one of confusion because of my latest remark, but he just shook it of and said that I could borrow Hedwig without any problem.

I thanked him and gave him a tight hug, then heading back to the classroom. He went to his seat next to Hermione, and I went to mine next to Pansy and Daphne.

"Is everything ok?" Pansy asked with a little bit of concern in her voice.

"Yeah, everything is fine, just wanted to ask Harry if I cloud borrow Hedwig" I said back to her.

"Oh, ok" she said again with a small smile, but that soon faded when we heard a loud noise coming from the classroom door.

A man with hooked nose and greasy black hair entered the room. He introduced himself as Prof. Snape, he also told us about the exquisite art of brewing a potion, in one of the most monotonous and boring voices I've ever heard.

He expression turn to one of surprise and anger when he noticed my brother, that instead of listening what the professor was talking about, decide to keep writing something in a piece of parchment.

The sudden silence must have caught his attention though, because he suddenly looked up from what he was writing in the parchment to look at the professor, which now was with an even more annoyed expression than before.

"Harry Potter, our... new... celebrity" he spoke giving a long pause between each word to sound more dramatic.

Hermione nudge his ribs so that Harry could pay attention at the professor. And the professor turn to spoke again.

"Tell me mister Potter, what would I get if I added powder root of asphodel to an infusion of wormwood?" the professor asked my brother, but he just shook his head, signaling that he didn't know the answer, Hermione, on the other hand, was quick to raise her hand eager to answer the professor's question. But he just seemed to ignore the girl and focus on humiliating my brother.

But that infusion didn't sound new to me, I knew I had read about them in one of the many books that Remus and my mother had given me, and then I remembered.

"You would get a very powerful sleeping potion, more commonly known as Draught of Living Death" I answer in a low whisper just for me, but apparently that was way louder than a whisper, because when I looked up, Prof. Snaps was looking down at me with an annoyed expression.

"And who you might be? May I ask" the professor questioned me, and I gulped realizing everyone was starting at me.

"Elizabeth Potter sir" I responded avoiding eye contact with the man, fidgeting my finger under the table.