🐍Chapter 13 - Year 2🐍

Today was a Friday. Daphne, Pansy and I were in the courtyard, they were trying to explain to me the history of magic subject that professor Binns went through.

"I just don't get it" I said in annoyance, putting my head in my hands in a sign of defeat.

"No, no, no. Come on" Daphne said lifting my head up to look at her "it all started a few years after witches and wizards came out to the world. A few muggles took it well, other not so much, so the-" Daphne begun explaining to me once again about the witch hunt of the 15th century, but was cut off by Pansy.

"Um guys" she said pointing to captains of the the Slytherin and Gryffindor quidditch teams arguing. Then she got up to go over there, the rest of us following close behind her.

"You got a new seeker. Who?" Oliver Wood, the Gryffindor quidditch captain, said.

At that, the Slytherin team made space for someone to walk through. When the person came to the front, it was Malfoy.

"Malfoy?" my brother asked in disbelief at the blonde.

"That's right. And that's not all that's new this year" he said moving something from his left hand to his right one. A broomstick.

"Those are Numbus 2001! How'd you get those?" Ron asked in disbelief. He and Hermione were standing next to Harry.

"A gift from Draco's father" Marcus Flint, the Slytherin quidditch captain, said. He looked quite familiar, then I realized that he was the boy who taunted Adrian on the train when he was talking to me.

Adrian. My mind drifted off a little when I looked over at him. He looked really cute in his quidditch uniform. Then his eyes move to look at me, he noticed that I was staring at him first, so with my  face a little red of embarrassment, I looked away from him, but noticed a smirk forming on his lips.

"You see Weasley, unlike some, my father can afford the best" Draco's voice took me out of my trance, my attention going back to the argument.

"At least no one on the Gryffindor team had to buy their way in. They got in on pure talent" the voice of Hermione Granger spoke. That certainly set Draco off, because at the girl's words his face angered, and he took one step closer to her.

"No one asked your opinion, you filthy mudblood" Draco spat at Hermione with a disgusted look on his face. Hermione was clearly holding back a tear and she stared at Draco in disbelief of the words he just said.

"You'll pay for that one Malfoy. Eat slugs" Ron said defending Hermione. But the spell that was supposed to hit Draco backfired and hit him instead.

He flew over the courtyard and fell on his knees. All the Gryffindor quidditch team and Hermione went after him to check if he was ok. The Slytherin team, plus me and my friends, stood in place, looking at Ron spit out a slug and laugh really hard after.

Harry and Hermione lift him up, and said something about taking him to Hagrid, but before they left, Harry looked at me with some kind of disappointed look. I felt guilty for a mere second, then remembered that Ron despited all Slytherin, so the guilt quickly faded.

"Ok, now let's go back to study" Daphne said leading me back to where we were seating.

"Wait!" I said leaving Daphne's side and rushing back to were the Slytherin team was "are you guys going to practice?" I asked to no one in particular.

"Yes, why?" Adrian responded my question.

"Do you mind if we go and watch?" I asked him, gesturing to let him know that I was talking about my friends.

"No, you need to stu-" Daphne begun, but was cut off by Marcus' voice this time.

"Sure" he said, and me and friends follow them to the quidditch pitch to watch the practice.