🐍Chapter 17 - Year 2🐍

Snape had said something to us about a dueling class happening today in the great hall. He didn't said the exact reason as to why we had to take them, so I assumed it was probably just for basic self-defense.

So now me and my friends were walking to the great hall, where the lesson was taking place.

We got to the great hall and it was very different from what it usually was. The four house tables were gone, leaving only one at the middle of the great hall, and there was a crowd of students standing around that table, so me and my friends had to squeeze in the middle of it to get a better view from the table.

There was stood the incredibly stupid Gilderoy Lockhart, wearing a baby blue dueling set, with some type of cape.

"Gather up" he yelled to get everyone's attention "can everybody see me? Can you all hear me?" he asked walking through the table, that now I noticed had some sort of cover with the picture of the phases of the moon "in the lights of the dark events of recent weeks, professor Dumbledore has granted me permission to start this little dueling club" he said.

"And here I thought Dumbledore was smart" I said sarcastically in a low whisper to Blaise, who was standing next to me on my left.

"To train you all up, in case you ever need to defend yourselves, as I myself had done on countless occasions" he begun explaining the reason about the dueling club.

"Yeah right" I scoffed.

"For more details read my published work" he said, then picked out his cape and threw it at a group of older Gryffindor girls, who all fought a little for the man's cape.

"Pathetic" I heard Draco scoff from behind me.

"Let me introduce my assistant" he made a small pause "professor Snape".

Snape came out from the crowd with his arms crossed in front of his chest, a frown in his face and a very grumpy look, he clearly didn't wanted to be there. Me and my friends giggle a little at him.

"He has sportingly agreed to help me with a short demonstration. I don't want any of you young students to worry, you'll still have your potions master when I'm through with him" he said with a lot of confidence. He was very much full of himself.

Both professors walked towards each other, then stopped and the middle of the table. They raised their wands in front of their faces then put them back down. They bowed their heads slightly at each other, turned around, and begun walking, ending at the edge of the table.

They turned back around and Prof. Lockhart counted to three. When he got to number three, Prof. Snape was quick to cast the first spell towards Lockhart. It was a simple disarming spell, but Lockhart flew to the other side of the great hall making all of the students laugh and Snape smirked prideful.

"An excellent ideia to show them that Prof. Snape, but if you don't mind me saying, it was pretty obvious, what you were about to do" Lockhart said standing up from the ground he had fell on, and walking back up to the table.

"If it was so obvious why didn't you block it then imbecile" I said, not trying to hide my voice. But he either didn't listen to me, or he just ignored me.

"Perhaps would be prudent to first teach the students, to block unfriendly spells, professor" Snape said in his usual cold and monotonous voice, but his face had a tiny bit of disgust to the other professor.

"An excellent suggestion professor Snape" Lockhart responded Snape, looking around to find two people to duel each other "let's have a volunteer pair" his eyes wondered a bit more "Potter, Weasley. How about you?" the professor said to my brother and his ginger friend.