🐍Chapter 24 - Year 3🐍

The class was looking at the shaking wardrobe. This was our first defense against the dark arts class, and I couldn't be more happy to be with Remus right now.

"Intriguing, isn it?" Remus said "can anyone say what is inside that wardrobe?"

"That's a boggart that is" Dean Thomas said.

"Very good Mr. Thomas" Remus congratulated the boy "now can anybody tell me what a boggart looks like?" he asked again.

"No one knows" Hermione said "boggarts are shape shifters, they take the shape of whatever particular person fear the most. That's what makes them so-" she begun, but Remus cut her off.

"So terrifying, yes" Remus said finishing Hermione's sentence "luckily, a very simple charm exists to repel a boggart" he said walking to the front of the class, standing in front of the wardrobe "let's practice now without wands please. Riddikulos"

"Riddikulos" the class repeated after the professor.

"Very good" Remus praised "a little louder, very clear. Riddikulos" he said the spell again, motioning for us to repeat after him.

"Riddikulos" the class said again, this time louder and clearer.

"This class is ridiculous" I heard Draco said from behind me, to no one in particular.

Remus either decided to ignore the blond's rude remark or he simply didn't hear it, because he just continued with the class normally like one would do.

He was telling how it's not the actual spell that repel a boggart, but laughter. Then he called Neville to give us an example.

"Come on, don't be shy" Remus said to Neville, who looked really nervous, and reluctantly walked to where Remus was.

"Neville, what frightens us most of all?" Remus asked kindly at Neville.

Neville just mumbled something in response that no one could hear properly.

"Sorry?" Remus asked, leaning his head down a little so he could hear Neville properly.

"Professor Snape" Neville said more loud and clear, resulting in giggles erupting from the rest of the students in the class, including Remus.

"Yes, he frightens us all" Remus said in a playful tone "and I believe you live with your grandmother" Remus asked again.

"Yes" Neville said "but I don't want the boggart to turn into her either" he quickly added with a concerned expression, which made the class laugh even harder.

"No, he won't" Remus assured Neville "I want you to picture her clothes, only her clothes, very clearly in your mind" he instructed to the boy.

"She carries a red handbag-" Neville begun describing her grandmother's clothes, but was interrupted by Remus.

"We don't need to hear" he said in a soothing voice "as long as you see it, we'll see it. And when I open that wardrobe, here's what I want you to do"

Remus begun walking towards Neville and stopped right behind him, looking at the wardrobe like the rest of us, then he whispered something in Neville's year.

"Can you do that?" Remus asked Neville, the latter just nodded in response, but he seemed very apprehensive.

"Wands at the ready" Remus said, taking his wand from his coat motioning for Neville to do the same.

He counted to three, and when he reached number three, he pointed his wand at the wardrobe, which turned it's knob abruptly and and opened it's door, reveling professor Snape walking out of it.