🐍Chapter 23 - Year 3🐍

I woke up and went to breakfast with Pansy seeing we were the only one left in our dorm, and we were also pretty late.

"Great, first day of school and we're already late" I said while we walked out of our dorms "and to Snape's class for Merlin sake"

"Less talking, more walking" Pansy said rushing me to walk faster.

We sprinted down the corridors towards the great hall. We grabbed two pieces of toast and went straight to Snape's classroom.

We got to the big oak doors, and when we opened it, they made a big shrieking noise, making everyone in the class turn around to look at us.

"Miss Parkinson and Miss Potter, care to explain why you're late" Snape said turning around from the board to look at us.

"Sorry professor" we said in unison, walking to an empty table to take our seats.

"Minus 15 points from Slytherin" he said simply, then continued with his lesson.

We took our seats at the very end of the class, behind Theo and Daphne.

"Good morning" Daphne said turning around to look at us with a smile.

"Morning" Pansy and I said in unison.

Snape turned around from the board to look at us again.

"Today, you'll be brewing an Ageing Potion" Snape begun "now, can anyone tell me what is the main purpose of an Ageing Potion?" Snape asked the class.

Daphne was quick to shot her hand up the air, and Snape motioned for her to speak.

"An Ageing Potion, like the name says itself, had the main purpose of making the drinker older" Daphne finished with, I assume, a proud smile.

"Congratulations Miss Greengrass, that is correct" Snape congratulated Daphne "now, get the right ingredients and be ready to brew this potion with your partner, you'll have till the end of the lesson"

After Snape's command, everyone begun grabbing the right ingredients and the cauldrons to brew that potion.

Pansy came back with the ingredients and we both begun brewing our potion.

"Okay, now it said that we're supposed to cut the green leaf in very tiny pieces, than add before the newt spleens. Then the potion should turn green" Pansy read the instructions in our potions textbook out loud for me to do it.

I cut the green leaf and added to the cauldron, I mixed a little bit then added the newt spleens. But the potion wasn't turning green, it was in fact turning orange.

"Pans?" I called for her.

"What?" she asked looking up from her textbook.

"The green color, is supposed to come after the orange one?" I asked a little concerned, still mixing the potion to see if it will turn green.

"No, it begins yellow, then blue, then green. Not orange" she said, scanning the recipe again.

"Than I did some-" I begun, but cut myself off after the potion exploded in my face, making a huge mess.

I look at my right and Pansy is laughing her ass off, perfectly clean. I look ahead of me and Theo is also laughing while Daphne had a concerned expression. Then I look up, and see professor Snape looking down at me with a mixture of anger and disappointment.

"I think something went wrong" I said to the professor with a half-hearted smile.

"I had no idea that you could be that dumb to the point of messing up a potion that is literally four ingredients Miss Potter" he said disgusted at my lack of potion knowledge "but I guess it must run in the family" he finished with narrowed eyes.