Always

"Cut!" The director called. "That's a wrap for the day! Great job y'all."

Joe took a deep breath, walking off the set. Typically he would mingle with his castmates, but today he went to his trailer, sitting down on a small black chair. He ran his hand through his hair, attempting to block out his own thoughts. Closing his eyes, he tried to return to the right mindset.

He had a tendency to beat himself up on set, and he knew that. But he couldn't stop. He couldn't help but feel disappointed. After changing out of his costume and wig, he drove home. He was looking forward to a long bath and going straight to bed. Taylor would be back tomorrow from her meetings in LA, and they had a full day planned out together.

Trying to block out the barrage of thoughts attacking his mind, he stepped inside the house. Hanging up his jacket, he practically collapsed on the couch. Sighing, he rubbed his tired eyes, leaning back against the leather back.

"Hi!" A voice called, and a hand touched Joe's shoulder.

Joe let out a loud scream, whipping his head around. There stood Taylor behind the couch, a bright smile on his face. "Taylor?" Joe asked, confused. "What- How are you-"

"The meetings ended early, so I thought I'd come to surprise you," Taylor explained.

Quickly recovering from the shock, Joe smiled softly, pulling her into a hug, this was just what he needed. Taylor's ocean blue eyes and warm embrace. Closing his eyes he breathed in her familiar scent. It was crazy how the presence of a single person could cheer him up so quickly.

"I missed you," Taylor kissed his cheek. It never got easier when they were apart.

"Missed you too," Joe mumbled, still exhausted.

Taylor grinned, pulling out of the hug. "So! I know we had plans for tomorrow night, but I thought we could do something fun tonight as well?"

"Sounds good," Joe tried to put on a happy face, wanting this to be a good night. He didn't want to cloud the joy with his mood.

Taylor grabbed his hand, pulling him up off of the couch and leading him towards the kitchen. "Have you eaten yet?"

Joe shook his head, "Not yet."

"Great! I made some spaghetti and meatballs, does that sound good?" Taylor asked. In all honesty, Joe didn't feel like eating. He just wanted to go to sleep with Taylor in his arms.

"Sure," Joe plastered on a smile.

After setting the table, they ate, making casual conversation in between bites. Taylor noticed that Joe had barely touched his food, "Is it alright? Is the sauce too sweet? I may have added a bit too much tomato."

"It's delicious," Joe assured her. "Per usual. I just had a big lunch."

Soon Taylor had licked her plate clean, though there was still a hefty pile of noodles on Joe's plate. Taylor was beginning to notice Joe acting off as they put away the dishes. "Are you okay?" She asked casually, slipping it in in the midst of their conversation.

Joe turned to her, taking a second to respond. Just act fine. Don't ruin the night. "I'm good."

"Are you sure?" She pressed, "You've been acti-"

Joe caught her off with a kiss on the lips, "Trust me, I'm alright. Don't worry too much."

Taylor smiled at him, her worried thoughts dissolving as their lips met. Slithering her hands into his back pocket, she pulled him closer so she was pushed up against the marble counter. He cupped her cheeks in his hand as he pulled away, placing one last kiss on her lips.