Moving In

Taylor stood up, stretching, her eyes still adjusting to the bright morning light.

"Look who's finally up," Joe teased from the doorway.

"Shut up," Taylor grumbled, still tired.

They were at Taylor's London apartment, which is where they usually spent their time if they were both free.

"Someone's grumpy this morning," Joe smiled, walking over towards her.

Taylor rolled her eyes, "Have you eaten breakfast yet?"

"Considering it's twelve, yes I have," Joe smirked.

Taylor's eyes widened, and she looked at the clock that read 12:07. "Joeeee! Why didn't you wake me up, you knew I wanted to get up early today."

"I'm sorry baby, you looked so peaceful sleeping and you were so tired last night. Besides, there wasn't anything you had to get up for," Joe said, wrapping her in a hug of forgiveness.

"Fine. But you're making me lunch." Taylor said, pushing him away to go towards the bathroom.

Joe nodded, "The Joe Alwyn lasagna special coming right up!"

When Taylor walked downstairs for lunch she had makeup on, and was dressed. "Is it ready?" she asked, her stomach rumbling.

"Yup!" Joe sat down her plate on the counter.

Taylor was quiet while she ate, which worried Joe. "Are you upset that I didn't wake you up?" Joe asked cautiously .

Taylor shook her head, "No... well... yes that's part of it."

Joe put his fork down and turned to face her, "What's wrong? You can tell me."

Taylor hesitated, "It's just that in two days I have to leave for Australia and you're going back to film and we won't... we won't see each other that much. I just want to spend as much time with you and not waste time by sleeping four extra hours."

Joe placed his hand on her back, "I didn't rea-"

Taylor stopped him with a hand, "Also, I know it's stupid, but I'm just so stressed about the tour. It's one of the best experiences I've ever had but I'm kind of just waiting for something to go wrong."

"How long have you been feeling this way?" Joe asked slowly.

Taylor averted her gaze, "Since August."

"Why didn't you tell me?" Joe said softly, gently lifting his hand to turn her head to face him.

"I didn't want to seem to clingy, or like I'm still the same nervous wreck I was when I met you..." Taylor said quietly.

Joe wrapped his arms around her, and kissed her on the forehead, "Please never, ever, ever think that way again. Trust me, in my book there is no such thing as clingy with you. I wanna be around you 24/7, all the better if you want to be around me too. And I promise that you being nervous could never drive me away, I fell in love with you when you were a 'nervous wreck'..."

Taylor clung to him tightly, "I'm sorry, can we restart the day?"

Joe held her just as tightly, "Nothing to be sorry for love."

They continued to make casual conversation over lunch, Taylor now much more at ease.

"Did you sleep well? Good dreams? Bad dreams?" Joe asked, taking another bite of lasagna.

Taylor swallowed her food, "I had this one dream, you were in it actually."

"So good dream I hope?" Joe smiled.