Somewhere We Can Be Alone

Taylor sat criss-cross on the couch, scrolling through her phone.

"Love, come to bed, we have to get up earlier tomorrow!" Joe called from upstairs.

Taylor groaned, "Five more minutes baby."

"Okay five more minutes, but then you better come upstairs! The bed is cold," Joe complained from upstairs.

Taylor continued to scroll, losing track of time in Tumblr. Ten minutes later a tired Joe walks down the stairs. He rolls his eyes at Taylor, who's eyes are connected to the screen.

He scoops her up in his arms, and Taylor lets out a small shriek, "Joe!"

Joe kissed her forehead, "Time's up baby, bedtime now."

"But I'm not tired," said Taylor, crossing her arms.

"But I know you will be when we wake up at six AM tomorrow," Joe smiled, walking with her in his arms up the stairs.

Taylor wrapped her arms around his neck and kissed him, "Fine."

As they reached the final step Joe stumbled, causing Taylor to tumble out of his arms. She hit the floor, trying to break her fall with her arms. Joe shouted, dropping to the ground with her to make sure she was okay.

"Taylor? Taylor?" Joe says frantically.

Taylor rolls over laughing, "Oh my god, Joe."

Joe takes her into his arms, "Oh you're okay."

"Of course I'm okay! I can't you believe you just dropped me, you should've seen the look on your face," Taylor was still laughing.

Joe grumbled, helping her back up on her feet, "I don't think my panic is that funny."

Taylor placed a kiss on his cheek, "C'mon let's walk to the bedroom."

When they finally made it to the bedroom, Taylor slipped on one of Joe's shirts before getting into bed next to Joe.

"Night baby," Taylor said, curling herself into a ball in Joe's arms.

"Night love," Joe said, his eyes closing.

Taylor woke up to someone shaking her shoulder.

"Time to get up Tay," Joe said softly.

Taylor groaned, "I'm tired."

"We gotta go early so we can make it to LA for the layover." Joe said, feeling terrible for waking her up.

Taylor stretched, "Okay, let me just get dressed."

Joe held up his hand, which held a pair of joggers and a t-shirt, "I already have your favorite airplane wear."

Taylor grabbed it, "Thanks, I'll meet you in the car?"

"Okay, I'll grab some breakfast on the way for us," Joe said, walking out the bedroom door.

Once Taylor got into the car, Joe was already inside, holding two bagels and a cup of coffee.

He handed one bagel and coffee to her, and she smiled appreciatively, "Thanks."

After a long car ride they arrived at the airport, and got onto Taylor's private jet. Making themselves comfy, Taylor laid her head down on Joe's shoulder.

Joe kissed her cheek, "Why don't you go back to bed, it's 11 hours till LA."

Taylor nodded, already falling back asleep. When she woke up again it was 12:00 AM and Joe was trying to speak quietly to the person he was ordering lunch from when Taylor stirred. Once the person left and Joe finished ordering the steak he looked down to see Taylor rubbing her eyes.