Help Pt. 2

Joe woke up the next morning, after getting about an hour of sleep. Brandon had texted him to come to the police station when he woke up, so that's what he did. After making a lazy attempt at putting an outfit together, and saying goodbye to Andrea, who's eyes were red from crying, he drove to the police station.

Once he got there he was approached by Brandon, "Hey, they just want to ask you a few questions, it should be pretty quick."

Joe nodded, walking towards the lobby area. After a moment they got him seated at a table, across from a woman in a police uniform. "Hi Joe," she said. "I'm Brianne. Currently I'm leading the investigation for Taylor. We just need to ask you a few questions."

"Okay," Joe said politely.

Brianne glanced down at her paper, "So, where were you at four PM, on Saturday?"

"I was in London, at a meeting," Joe said.

Brianne took a few notes, "Has Taylor told you about any worries of hers lately?"

"No, she's been in a good mood lately," Joe replied. "Why do you ask?"

"We just need to figure out if it was a purposeful kidnapping, or if they happened to kidnap her," Brianne said. "Lately there's been a spike in abductions in L.A, so it's likely to be the latter."

Joe nodded, trying to conceal the tear slipping down her face. Brianne frowned, "Do you need a moment?"

"No, um, it's okay," Joe swallowed. "Sorry about that you can continue."

"No worries," Brianne assured him. "Just a few more questions. Have you and Taylor been having any fights lately?"

Joe shook his head, "We haven't."

"Has there been any tension between you two lately?" Brianne pressed.

"No," Joe furrowed his eyebrows, "What are you getting at?"

"We have to look at all possibilities," Brianne said carefully. "Sometimes if there's tension in relationships you just... you never know."

Joe looked at her incredulously, "You think I would take Taylor? My girlfriend? This isn't fucking dateline!"

"I know, I know," Brianne tried to calm him down. "We just need to be sure."

"I was nine hours away in London!" Joe continued. "What do you think I did, teleport?!"

Brianne bit her lip, "I'm sorry, I know this is hard for you. I think you just need too-"

Suddenly there was a call from the hallway, "Brianne! Come here now the phones ringing. It's the number."
_______________________________

When Taylor woke up, light was just barely shining through the small window. If she bent down far enough, she could see a glimpse of the sun, and assumed it was about 8 AM. She tried to lean down farther, but ended up falling over, the chair making a loud crash as it hit the ground. Shit, she thought to herself.

After a moment there was a loud thump, and the man appeared in the basement doorway. "Oh my god you little," He rolled his eyes. "What were you trying to do here?"

"I'm sorry, it was an accident," Taylor apologized, holding back tears.

He stomped over to her, roughly pushing the chair back up. Taylor tried to ignore the pain, looking down at her lap. He stood there for a moment, staring at her, "I still can't believe I have the real life Taylor Swift here in my basement."

So I am in his basement. That probably means I'm in his house. So his house is thirty five minutes away from Hollywood. Does anyone else live here? He slowly reached his hand out to her cheek, running his hand across it before slapping her cheek.