Feeling Blue

Requested by _imagineshawn_ / MaddieK0924

TW: Self Harm

I can't do this. I can't do this. I can't do this. The thoughts echoed in Taylor's mind as she slumped down on her bathroom floor, tears staining her face. Next to her lay her phone, snake emojis visible on the screen. Taylor began to sob again, putting her head in her hands. Why am I such a terrible person?

Her phone buzzed again, but it was yet another snake comment from Instagram. She glanced down at her phone, and her anger getting the better of her she let out a loud yell, "SHUT UP!"

Picking up the phone, she threw it against the bathroom wall, seeing as a satisfying crack went through it. At this point she didn't care, and picked the phone up just to throw it again, and this time the screen completely shattered, leaving pieces all over the floor.

Something drew Taylor to pick it up again, but this time it left scratches all over her hand. She didn't care. It felt good. You deserve this. Taylor though to herself, squeezing the broken phone and watching as blood oozed out of the many cuts her hand now had.

Joe was in his car, on his way to Taylor's house for dinner. They had been dating for a month, but Joe knew she was something special. Once Joe got to the house, security let him in, and he walked inside. "Taylor? I'm here."

Taylor began to panic, completely forgetting that he was coming over for dinner. She stood up quickly, holding back a scream as some of the phone bits stabbed her foot. "One moment! In the restroom!" Taylor said quickly.

Turning to the mirror she saw that she looked a mess. Her mascara was rubbed all over her cheeks, her eyes red, and her hands bloody. Looking down at the scattered pieces of what once was her phone, she opened the towel closet, grabbing a small broom and sweeping the pieces into a trash can.

Joe waited patiently in Taylor's living room, scrolling through his phone. After Taylor finished sweeping up the broken pieces, she looked at her screen-less phone, and just tucked it into the closet along with the broom, deciding to deal with it later.

Looking back at the mirror she took a makeup wipe, wiping away the mascara. She splashed a bit of cold water on her face to deal with the red eyes before reapplying the mascara. She looked up at the mirror. Taylor put on a big smile. You're happy. You're having dinner with your amazing boyfriend. You're going to enjoy tonight. You're happy.

Taylor took a deep breath, before walking down the stairs to Joe. Joe stood up once he saw her, and smiled. "Hi," Joe said, wrapping his arms around her.

"Hey," Taylor said, remembering to smile.

"So, what's on the menu for today?" Joe asked, leaving a small kiss on her forehead.

Shit, I didn't cook anything. Taylor improvised, "I made spaghetti, but it's still in the oven. It might be a moment more, sorry."

"That's alright," Joe said. "How long do you think it will be?"

"Twenty minutes?" Taylor said, calculating how fast she could make spaghetti.

She could tell Joe was slightly surprised, he didn't realize spaghetti took more then twenty minutes to cook. He didn't mind though, "Sounds great!"

"Cool, let me just go check on it really fast, you can stay here," Taylor said, rushing over to the kitchen. Whipping out a box of noodles, she boiled them, whipping up a bowl of red sauce.

She let the noodles cook as she walked back out to Joe, who was sitting on the couch. "What do you want to do while we wait?" Taylor asked, sitting down next to him.