Scared Pt. 2

They heard the footsteps close in on them, and Joe pulled Taylor closer. Suddenly the closet door swung open, revealing a man with a wild look in his eyes. "Well hello there my darling," The man smiled. Taylor let out a loud scream, putting her head in her hands.

Joe looked up at him, "Get the fuck out."

"Aw, and who are you?" The man asked. He made a shocked face, "Oh my god my love, are you having an affair? You know I don't take kindly to that."

Taylor just sobbed, leaning closer to Joe. The man took Taylor's hand, forcing her up. Joe stood up with them, trying to get him away from Taylor. The man simply punched him in the jaw, and there was a loud crack.

Joe simply punched back, which wasn't the right decision, as the man pulled out a gun. Taylor shook her head, "No, no, I'll do whatever you want."

The man smiled, satisfied. "Okay honey, why don't we go over to the bedroom. This dickhead can stay here."

"Stay away from my girlfriend!" Joe shouted.

Taylor looked at Joe to be quiet, but it was too late.

Bam.

"No! No! NOOO!" Taylor screamed out. "Stop!"

Joe put his hand on her shoulder, "Tay, wake up."

"STOP IT!" Taylor shouted.

"Love," Joe said, rubbing her shoulder gently.

Taylor opened her eyes, just for tears to start pouring out, soaking the bed sheets. She wrapped his arm around him, holding him close. Joe held her tightly, "Hey, it's okay. It was just a dream."

Taylor sobbed, "You were gone. You were gone."

"I'm right here," Joe said softly. "I'm right here."

"Oh my god," Taylor said, tears spilling down her face.

Joe sat up slightly, still holding her in his arms. For the past week, this had been a regular occurrence. Sometimes it would be Joe, sometimes Taylor, and sometimes both of them. "Do you need anything? Want to go downstairs for some tea?"

Taylor nodded silently. Joe stood up, helping her up with him. He put his arm around her shoulder, walking with her down the stairs. He sat her down on the couch, before beginning to boil some water. He came down to sit with Taylor while waiting, pulling her into a hug. She was trembling, and her face was pale.

"You're safe. I'm safe," Joe tried to comfort her. "Everything's alright."

Taylor sniffled, "It was so scary."

"It was just a dream," Joe rubbed her back.

The boiler beeped, and Joe stood up. He put in the tea bags, before walking back to Taylor with two cups of tea. He gave her one, trying to make sure she didn't drop it. He placed a small kiss on her forehead, before sipping on his tea. "Do you want to tell me about it?" Joe asked softly.

"Um," Taylor hiccuped. "We were sleeping. And then there was a loud crash, and we hid in the closet and- Um, but he found us. And he came in and I- I-"

Taylor closed her eyes, tears slowly seeping out. Joe pulled her closer, "It's okay, you don't have to continue."

Taylor nodded, resting her head on his chest. Joe kissed her forehead, holding her and rocking her back and forth slightly. Taylor sipped on her tea, her hands still trembling slightly. "Love you," Joe whispered to her.

She sniffled, "Love you too. Kiss?"

Joe nodded, leaning down and placing a small kiss on her lips. For the first time that night Taylor smiled slightly, a feeling of relief washing over her as their lips touched. Joe combed his fingers through her hair, before kissing her forehead and going back to drinking his tea. They sat in silence for a while, just enjoying each other's presence.