Problems in Paradise Pt. 1

"I'll be right I'm just going to brush my teeth" Taylor called from the bathroom.

"Then can I hear the song?" Joe whined from his position on the bed.

Joe had been bothering her about it for the past week, constantly asking when he could hear it. Tonight she would finally allow him too. Joe could practically hear her roll her eyes as she spoke "Yes then you can hear the song. Can you pull up the lyrics on my phone? It's in notes, you know the password"

Joe nodded then remembered that she couldn't see him, "Ok, will do." Joe rolled over to the other side of the bed to grab Taylor's phone off of the nightstand. He entered her password and opened up her notes. "Baby which note is it?"

"The one titled Lover" she said, toothbrush still in her mouth.

Joe scrolled up and down a little bit before he found it. He saw another note that caught his eye right below it, it was titled "Problem". He hesitated before clicking on it, he convinced himself that if she had a problem he could help. It didn't appear to be a song, more like a diary entry of sorts and it was dated as yesterday. It read like this:

'I love Joe with all my heart, but sometimes I feel like I don't get all of it back. I love how work driven he is and how he loves his craft but sometimes I wish he'd just spend more time with me? A lot of the time even when we are together he's looking over lines for an audition or setting up a work meeting of some sort. There's one other thing, the distance. I love being with him all the time but it's so hard because I lot of the time I can't be with him. One of us is always traveling for work and my heart aches when we're apart. I just don't know if he feels the same way. Whenever we part I'm always the one breaking down, he just rubs my back and tells me it'll be alright, never seems worried himself. I just-' 

Joe was stopped mid-sentence as he saw Taylor coming out of the bathroom, he quickly changed the note back the 'Lover'. 

"Hey you can't read the lyrics before I play it to you!" Taylor snatched the phone out of his hand, giggling.

Joe gave a half-hearted smile, trying to sort out all the she had written about him. Did she feel that way? None of it was true.

"Joeeee! You there?" Taylor clapped her hands in front of his eyes. 

"Yeah, sorry, just tired." Joe looked at her, deciding that he wasn't going to tell her about what he read until he had it figured out in his mind. He motioned her to began playing. "I've waited long enough!"

Taylor strummed a few guitar chords before she began singing, "We could leave the Christmas lights up till January". As Taylor played Joe wondered how she could write all these love songs about him yet dislike him and how he acts deep down. Maybe he was taking this out of proportion and missing the parts about how she said she loved him with all her heart, and how her heart ached to be without him, but all that was in his mind was that he was apparently to 'work-oriented' and 'didn't care about leaving her for a long period of time'. 

"You're my, my, my... Lover." Taylor finished up the song and beamed at him. "So.... do you like it?"

Joe looked up at her and smiled, "I love it" which was true, he thought the song was amazing, he just didn't know if it was all true. Taylor had a giddy grin on her face, and put the guitar down so she could hug him. He returned the hug and planted a kiss on her cheek.

"Want to go to bed now?" Joe asked, just wanting this day to be over.

"I thought we were going to take a bath and finish watching the documentary?" Taylor questioned, curious about the sudden mood swing.

"I'm just more tired then I thought I would be" Joe said as he pulled the covers down so he could climb under them.

"Oh, ok, I'll go to bed now too, I'm feeling a little tired as well" Taylor slipped under the covers next to Joe and snuggled herself into his chest.