Begin Again

Joe looks in the mirror and adjusts his jacket for the 60th time. He's wearing a silver jacket with a light blue sweater underneath. He paired it with a pair of black jeans. He had little bit of a stubble, and his hair was at max fluffiness. He takes a deep breath. Don't be nervous. It's going to be fine.

Taylor finished applying her lipstick. She was wearing a simple black off-the-shoulder dress. She had a sliver sweater/coat on as well. Her hair was pulled back in a braided bun, and she had on her classic red lipstick and a light touch of mascara. Calm down. It's going to be okay. You're only going on a date with the person who you've had a crush on for this past 4 and a half months.

Taylor heard the doorbell ring, and took a long breath before walking downstairs and answering it. If it was possible, Taylor would've melted on spot. His hair looked so soft and... touchable. His outfit perfectly accentuated his abs, and broad shoulders.

"May I come in?" Joe asked, snapping Taylor out of her trance.

She blushed, "Yeah, I have the pasta cooking on the oven, I wanted it to be fresh."

Joe nods, encapsulated by how stunning she looked in her dress. It showed off her curves, and Joe thought she looked beautiful. "Okay, sounds good." He smiles at her, and Taylor's stomach does a million flip-flops.

"Here, you can sit down, I'll go grab it," Taylor shows him to the table.

"Do you need any help?" Joe asked. Taylor smiled to herself, always wanting to help.

"No, it's okay, I'll be right back," Taylor says, then leaves the room, heading towards the kitchen. She takes the moment of privacy to composer herself, telling herself just to act normal. They've hung out a lot before. Their practically best friends. Be normal.

Joe waits patiently, playing with his fingers. He watches her as she comes back around the corner, holding a delicious looking fettuccine dish.

He smiles up at her, "It looks amazing Tay."

Taylor blushes, which she seems to be doing a lot of tonight, "Thanks.."

Joe immediately digs in. He moans, "Tastes just as good as it looks."

Taylor was so happy, yet still her brain was spinning in circles. "I'm glad you like it."

Joe tries to make casual conversation, "So, are you staying in New York for awhile?"

Taylor swallows her food, "I think I might go to Nashville soon. I mean with all this," She gestures around herself, referring to the Kimye situation. "I'm trying to go somewhere where I can lie low."

Joe gives her a reassuring smile, "I understand."

Taylor's heart settles a little bit, and they fall into an awkward silence.

Finally Taylor speaks, "I'm sorry this is awkward, I don't know why. I mean we hang out all the time."

Joe shakes his head, "It's fine, I think it's just because we're in a different environment, with different circumstances."

Taylor's face falls. "So you just, um, you just want to be friends?"

"No, no," Joe rushes to correct her, "That's not what I mean, I just mean that we don't have to act differently, you know? Obviously I like like you but that doesn't mean we have to change what we talk about when we usually hang out."

Taylor nods slowly, "Okay, yeah I get it." A smile creeps up her face.

It's contagious, and now Joe is smiling as well. "Patrick's wondering why I'm still in America."