The Breakup Pt. 2

Did they both feel horrible out the fight last night? Yes. Would either of them every admit it? Nope. Joe was hurt that Taylor didn't feel loved by him, and it was almost as if he was not only leaving for his sake, but for Taylor's. Taylor truly thought that Joe just wasn't as interested in her as she is in Joe, even though she couldn't be more wrong.

Joe woke up constantly during the night, each time expecting to have Taylor there, looking at him as she so often was when he woke up. His nightmares were just a repeat of the fight, but each one added a fantastical element, like Taylor had angel wings, or Taylor shot him with a bow.

Once he woke up at 5:30 for the 5th time, he couldn't take it any longer, and decided to stay up. Knowing Taylor wouldn't be awake yet, so he could not come over to grab his stuff, he scrolled through social media to waste his time.

Taylor finally woke up at 10:00, her eyes crusted from crying. She instinctively reaches over to cuddle Joe, then it hits her about all that happened last night. She puts her head in her hands, not sure what to do.

Taylor stays there, trying not to think about anything. Suddenly she hears a loud bing, and bolts upright. She looks in the direction that the sound came from, and sees her cracked phone on the ground. She walks over to pick it up, examining the damage. There was a crack right through Joe's heart on the lock screen. Taylor rolled here eyes and said to no one in particular, "How fitting."

Taylor see's a text delivered just now from Joe, saying, 'May I come over to your house to pick up my things?' It sounded so formal and so out of the ordinary compared to all their other texts. Taylor types back, 'Sure' and realizes how hard it is to type when your screen is broken, regretting her decision of throwing it at a wall.

Joe reads Taylor's text, then slips on a blue sweater and dark jeans. He brushes his teeth and puts on a cologne that he knows Taylor likes, but he's not really sure why. He gets into his car, turning it on, and driving the path he knows so well to Taylor's house.

Taylor forces herself to get out of bed, not wanting to look like a total mess when her ex-boyfriend (?) is coming over. She unconsciously puts on a cropped sweatshirt and leggings outfit that she knows Joe likes. But she didn't want to impress him. She didn't. Right?

When Taylor enters the bathroom to brush her teeth, she can't help but once again stare at her reflection in the mirror. She manages to pull herself away so she doesn't go down the spiral of hate that she did last night. Nothing good came out of that. While she was doing her hair and makeup, all she could think about was Joe and Sarah, and if this was really it for them. When it came to accessories, her hand automatically drifted towards her signature 'J' necklace, but stopped herself before she reached it.

Joe pulled up to her apartment, and he told security he was there. As security told Taylor he was here, he braced himself for the most awkward encounter he would ever have with Taylor. Security let him in, and he walked through the front door into the ever so familiar apartment. Taylor was standing there in a tie dye cropped sweatshirt that he loved, and they both stood their awkwardly, neither sure what to do.

Joe cleared his throat, "I'm just going to grab the suitcase and put my stuff in there if that's fine with you."

Taylor's heart was pounding as she talked to him, "Yeah, that'll work, it's just... in the closet," she gestured towards the closet door.

Taylor watched as Joe walked over to the closet door, grabbing the suitcase. She wasn't really sure what she should be doing, so she just stood there.

"I'll just go get my clothes from the bedroom upstairs first?" Joe asked her, treading carefully. Taylor nodded and led the way up to their, well, her bedroom.