reputation

Taylor sat criss-cross on the bed, anxiously tapping her finger on her knee. Reputation was coming out in three days, and she was suddenly having second thoughts. What if no one likes it? What if it gets only 31 streams and only five people buy it?

Her phone began vibrating on the phone, showing Joe's name in the caller ID. Taylor paused a moment before clicking the red decline button. She wasn't ready to talk to anyone yet. Joe called again and Taylor pressed the decline button once again.

Taylor went back to tapping her knee, thinking about all the things that could go wrong. Then there was a bing from her phone, telling her that Joe texted her.

'Are you okay? Or busy? I thought there were no meetings today' Joe texted, confused.

Taylor typed back a reply, 'Yeah, I'm fine'

'Really? Are you sure your fine?' Joe raised an eyebrow as he type.

Taylor groaned, 'Yes, I'm sure I'm fine'

Joe grew worried, 'I'm pretty sure that I'm fine is code for I'm not fine'

Before Taylor got the chance to reply Joe called her again, and this time she picked up.

"Hey love, is everything alright?" Joe asked.

"Yeah I'm fine," Taylor spoke into the microphone.

Joe sighed, "Didn't we just discuss how I'm fine isn't a proper answer? Tell me what's on your mind."

When Taylor didn't speak Joe answered for her, "Is it the album release?"

Taylor didn't reply, which confirmed it for Joe, "Oh baby... can we turn this into a Facetime?"

"Yeah," Taylor's voice replied quietly, and switched it to Facetime.

Joe smiled at the sight of her face, wishing he could be there. "What are you specifically nervous about for release?"

"Just... all of it. What if it's not good enough? What if no one buys it?" Taylor stood the phone up on the pillow.

"Taylor we both know that it's an amazing album, and your millions of fans will buy the albums! I understand that you're worried, but I really think that album is so honest and beautiful and that people will love it," Jobe e said truthfully.

Taylor half-smiled, "I appreciate you saying that, but not everyone's supportive as you. And I just lost so many fans, and what if they say I'm to bitchy? What if they think I'm trying to hard?"

Taylor didn't even realize she was crying now, and Joe gently shushed her. "Love, do you think that's true?"

Taylor burst into tears, "I don't know, I don't know, I just don't know."

Joe wanted nothing more then to be there with her and hug her. "It's alright love, it's alright. I'll be there in three days, it's going to be alright."

"I feel like the whole world will hate me," Taylor cried out, putting her head in her hands.

"Taylor I know for a fact that there at millions of people out there who could never hate you. And I mean that." Joe said firmly, reaching out to touch the screen as if he could jump through and give her a hug.

Taylor closed her eyes, staying silent for a moment, head still in her hands, "Okay, your right, I'm sorry I overreacted."

"It's not overreacting to be afraid that people won't like what you worked so hard on. That's normal." Joe said, smiling at her.

Taylor took a deep breath, "Okay, I'm going to go to bed now, love you."

"Love you too baby, night ." Joe said before hanging up.
________________________________