Missing You

Taylor broke out into a run towards Joe, who was also running towards her. They met in the middle of the driveway, hugging each other tightly. Joe rocked them back and forth slightly as they hugged, kissing the top of her head.

Taylor jumped up a little bit, so he was practically carrying her as she clung to his neck. Joe moved his face to kiss her, "I missed you so much."

"Me too, three weeks is three weeks to long." Taylor said, nuzzling her face into his shoulder.

"Agreed," Joe replied. "C'mon, let's go inside."

Joe set her down, but Taylor hugged him from behind, "Wait I want another hug. I missed you!"

Chuckling he turned around to hug her again. Taylor enjoyed his warm embrace, wishing it would never end. Joe finally pulled away, "I have something for you."

This perked Taylor's interest, and she followed Joe inside, still clutching his hand. Joe set down his suitcase on the ground. "Here, turn around," Joe said, and Taylor did so. He pulled something out of the suitcase, holding it in the back of Taylor's head. Taylor turned around, "Stuffed Animal! Oh my god it's an Elephant!"

Joe smiled, "And look, it say's 'T & J' on the stomach."

"I'm totally naming it TJ. Wait, it's mine right? I can name it?" Taylor asked, unsure.

"Of course, silly!" Joe chuckled. "I just got it so next time I'm away on a trip, I'm still here with you. I know you have the necklace, but who doesn't want something they can cuddle?"

Taylor took it, "I love it. It's perfect."
________________________________

Seven Months Later

"Okay, bye, love you," Taylor blew a kiss through the screen.

Joe held up his hand to 'catch' the kiss, before putting it to his heart, a cheesy habit they had developed. "Love you too, just two more weeks!"

Taylor smiled, "See you."

She hung up the phone, yawning. Plugging the phone in on the nightstand, she turned to the stuffed elephant Joe had gotten her seven months prior. Whenever Joe was gone, it had almost became a necessity for her. Without it, she could barely sleep.

Tucking herself under the covers, she tucked it into the crook of her arm. The elephant still smelled like Joe after being in his suitcase, much to Taylor's delight. Breathing in the scent she drifted off into a peaceful sleep.

She woke up to her alarm clock. Turning it off she rubbed her eyes, exhausted. She was on the reputation stadium tour, and they had to get up early each morning to rehearse. Today she had to get up even earlier, since they were road tripping to the next tour stop. The tour was also the reason that Joe and Taylor had been separated for so long. With Joe filming in England, and Taylor in Australia, it was virtually impossible for them to see each other.

Without even making the bed, she stood up to brush her teeth. After getting ready, she headed out to the car that would take her to the next city. Making sure everything was packed, the suitcases were put in the trunk. Sitting down in the car she sighed, looking out at the window. Taylor was particularly missing Joe that day, and all she wanted to do was kiss him, or hug him, or just feel his presence next to hers.

She pulled out his phone to text him, passing time. Soon they got there, and Taylor was escorted to her hotel room. Taylor didn't have rehearsals that day, so she was free to do whatever she wanted. What she really wanted to do was hop on a flight to England and see Joe, but that was impossible, so she settled for watching a movie.