The Lakes

Requested by Addyalvinally

Taylor watched Joe's chest rise up and down, waiting impatiently for him to wake up. Eventually she couldn't hold back, leaning down and placing a small kiss on his cheek. When he still didn't wake up, Taylor kissed his lips softly.

Joe's eyes slowly opened, to see a smiling Taylor in front of him. "G'morning love," Joe's voice was raspy.

"Morning," Taylor said brightly.

Joe up slightly, kissing her forehead. Taylor rested her head on his bare chest, cuddling up into him. After a moment Joe stood up, but Taylor tugged on his arm, "Where are you going?"

"Breakfast," Joe said simply.

"Cuddle more," Taylor made puppy dog eyes.

Joe grinned, sliding back into the bed. Taylor smiled, satisfied. "So are you excited for the trip?" Taylor asked, returning to her position in his arms.

"Yes!" Joe said excitedly. "The lakes are gorgeous, you're going to love it."

"It sounds amazing, I've already read some books about it," Taylor exclaimed.

Joe chuckled, "Of course you have."

Taylor giggled, kissing his cheek, "Love you."

"Love you too," Joe smiled at her. "Breakfast now?"

"Sure," Taylor stood up, adjusting Joe's shirt that she was wearing.

Joe stood up next to her, walking over to the closet to slip on a shirt and a pair of joggers. Taylor waited for him before holding his hand, walking down the stairs. Taylor walked over to the kitchen, looking through the fridge, "What do you want for breakfast?"

"Anything works," Joe said, grabbing the coffee grinds.

Taylor settled on making waffles, as Joe made coffee. "Want some?" Joe asked, referring to the coffee. Taylor nodded, putting the batter in the waffle machine. Once both the coffee and waffles were done, they sat down at the, counter.

"Do we have any whip cream?" Joe asked, standing up and walking over to the fridge.

Taylor rolled her eyes, "Aren't you supposed to be healthy?"

Joe shrugged, grabbing the can of whip cream and sitting back down. Taylor watched, horrified as Joe put a mountain of whip cream on his waffle, "I don't understand how you can consume that much sugar. That's more whip cream then waffle."

Joe chuckled, taking a huge bite. Taylor shook her head, smiling to herself. "So what time are we leaving at?" Joe asked.

"The plan is to leave at eleven, since it's about a five hour drive," Taylor said, sipping her coffee.

Joe nodded, "That is if you don't take four hours to get ready."

Taylor hit him playfully, "Shut up."

Twenty minutes later they were back up stairs, getting ready. Joe was wearing a simple t-shirt and shorts, and finished up packing as he waited for Taylor. Taylor came out a few minutes later, in a flowery purple blouse and jean shorts.

Joe stood up, walking over to her, "You look really nice."

Taylor blushed, "Thanks."

Joe wrapped his arms around her waist, kissing her softly. He pulled away, a stain of pink lipstick on his face. Taylor grinned, before stepping away and walking over to the suitcases, "Ready to go?"

"Yup, why don't we take the suitcases out to the car," Joe motioned to the suitcases, picking up a suitcase.

Taylor grabbed the other one, and they brought them out into the garage of their London house. Joe opened the trunk, setting down the suitcase before turning and taking Taylor's putting it in the trunk. He shut the trunk, turning back to Taylor, "Want to grab some snacks? It's a five hour drive."