Nightmares

"G'night, love," Joe mumbled, already falling asleep with his arm around her.

"Night," Taylor replied softly, bending her neck so she could watch as his features slowly relaxed. She smiled slightly, still unable to believe that she had gotten this lucky. Taylor lifted up a hand to caress his cheek softly, feeling the small stubble. Joe instinctively pulled her closer, somehow holding her tightly, but with the most gentle touch. Content, she fell asleep.

"No. It's not fair for me to be pulled into this world." Joe held his head high in the air.

Taylor broke down into tears, "Please, I promise we'll leave the public eye together. Just don't leave me, please Joe!"

Joe shook his head, "I'm sorry Taylor, but I can't do this anymore. I can't deal with the media, the paparazzi, and I just can't deal with you."

"I'll change, I promise I'll change," Taylor pleaded.

Joe looked pitifully at her, "Some things you just can't change. We're over."

Taylor woke up in a cold sweat, Joe sound asleep next to her. He's still here, he's still here. Taylor tried to calm herself down, but her heart wouldn't stop pounding. Praying Joe wouldn't wake up, she stepped out of bed quietly, slipping on a robe and walking downstairs. He's still here, he's still here."  Taylor continued to repeat the comforting words to herself.

She put waited for some water to boil, so she could prepare tea for herself. Sighing she leaned back against the counter, her mind running wild. What if that dream becomes a reality? What if he decides this life is to much, what if I'm to much for him? Closing her eyes she tried to block out the thought.

Taylor couldn't stop though, and was thankfully taken out of the spiraling thoughts by her kettle beeping, signifying the water was done. Taking a glass from the cupboard, she poured the water in, then let the tea bag rest there. Keeping her eyes trained on the glass of tea, in an attempt to not let her thoughts wander. Taking out the tea bag and throwing it in the trash when she was done, she picked up the glass taking a sip.

The tea slightly burnt the back of her throat, but Taylor didn't care and continued to sip on the beverage. She leaned against the counter, not bothering to sit down. Closing her eyes as she drank, her mind began to drift away again. The dream replayed in her mind, and slowly, to her, it became a reality.

Joe's going to break up with me. He's going to break up with me. And I'm going to be alone. Again. Taylor let a cry slip out of her mouth, and before she knew it the glass of tea slipped out of her hands, cracking on the ground with an ear-splitting crash.

"Shit!" Taylor heard Joe call from upstairs, and knew she had woken him up. She didn't care, putting her head in her hands as she slowly slumped down on the counter until she was sitting fully on the ground. The shattered glass surrounded her, but all Taylor did was sob.

"Taylor? Taylor are you all right?" Joe said, walking down the stairs. Then he saw Taylor, sobbing with fragments of glass around her. "Oh my god, love-"

Joe moved right into action, quickly telling her not to move before grabbing the broom and dustpan from the pantry. Walking back over to her, he swept up the glass, while Taylor sat there, unable to stop crying. Dumping it all into the garbage can, he reminded himself to make sure it was completely cleaned up later, but right now Taylor was his top priority. He carefully lifted her up, moving her out of the kitchen.

Taylor banged on his chest, speaking through her sobs, "Stop! Stop it! Let me down!"

"Shh, it's alright darling," Joe spoke softly, sitting down on the couch, keeping her in his arms.