Meeting Joe's Family

"Baby you've been in there for quite a while now, we need to go soon" called Joe as he peeked into the closet to see Taylor pacing back and forth.

"I know, I know it's just that I don't want to seem like I'm trying to hard, or that I'm not trying enough. I don't want to seem to casual but don't want to seem to fancy!" Taylor let out an exasperated sigh

"Taylor it's fine, it doesn't matter what you look like they'll love you regardless" Joe walked up behind her and encircled her in his arms, resting his head on hers.

"I just... I want to make a good first impression you know?" Taylor shifted her body around so her head was resting on his chest.

Joe smiled into her hair and scanned the room, "How about this?" He walked over to grab a white v-neck blouse and a pair of simple black jeans. "Elegant, yet simple"

Taylor hesitated before reaching out her hand to grab it "Are you sure it's fine?"

"Positive" Joe grinned and watched her as he waited expectantly for Taylor to changed.

"Oh my god you pervert, you see me naked enough already" Taylor rolled her eyes and playfully pushed his hand up to cover his eyes.

Joe sighed dramatically and kept his hand there, but made it obvious that he was peeking. "If I must."

Taylor giggles and quickly changed out and into her clothes. "Okay so... now makeup"

Joe moaned, "You mean to tell me you spent 30 plus minutes picking out an outfit and now you want to do makeup? Bloody hell, woman, you are going to be the death of me"

Taylor flashed him an innocent smile and responded, "You love me though"

"That I do" Joe smirked, picking her up wedding style and carrying her over to her vanity then gently setting her down. "Now hurry up, we're leaving in 20 minutes."

"20 minutes?" Taylor scrunched up her face, "I need more time" she whined.

"I'm sure you'll be fine" Joe rolled his eyes.

20 minutes later Joe was waiting downstairs as he called for Taylor, and she came rushing down, now dawning a classic red lip and modest eyeliner. "I didn't think you would make it, let's go" Joe joked. Taylor fake punched him and pushed past him to the car.

Once they settled in the car, Joe turned his head to see Taylor bouncing her knee up and down, clearly nervous. "You good babe?" Joe says as he lays his hand on her bouncing knee.

Taylor averts her gaze from the window to look toward him then down at where his hand is resting, just realizing what she was doing. "Yeah I'm fine."

"I'm fine are the words of someone who is definitely not fine. Remember what I told you, they will love you, okay?" Joe whispers soothingly in her ear.

"I know I just can't help thinking about if they don't and what if they hate me and think I'm a bitch like the media." Taylor puts her head in her hands, urging herself not to cry in an attempt to preserve her mascara.

"Baby they might not even recognize you, that's how out of the loop my family is. They don't read any of those shitty magazines" Joe gave her a reassuring smile. Taylor just nodded in response as she turned to see that they were arriving at his house. She took a deep breath as Joe opened the car door for her and she stepped out into the chilly night air. Joe grasped her hand encouragingly and they made their way to the front door. Joe rapped on the door, and Taylor's heart beat out of her chest as she waited anxiously for the door to open.