Family Vacation Pt. 2

"Welcome to Turks and Caicos!"

Joe smiled, one of his hands guiding James to the car, and the other gripping Taylor's. Once they sat in the car, Joe leaned over to whisper in Taylor's ear, "Brings back memories, doesn't it?"

Taylor softly smiled, leaning her head on his shoulder, "Yeah. The only difference is that we have this little kid in our lives." Taylor reached her hand over Joe's lap, rubbing James back. She could tell that James was nervous.

James wrung his hands together, peering out the window at the clear blue sea. "Mummy?"

"Yeah?" Taylor asked, putting her hand back in her own lap.

"Are there... are there sea urchins out there? Grandma said that the sea urchins could hurt you." James asked, staring at the water.

Joe suppressed a laugh, whispering in Taylor's ear, "I guess fear of sea urchins run in the family."

Taylor hit him playfully, before turning back to James, "It's alright Jam, we'll make sure the sea urchins won't hurt you, just watch your step. It'll be fine."

James nodded, still looking scared. On the car ride to their resort, James had fallen asleep, his head resting on Joe's arm. Taylor whispered to him as the car pulled up to the entrance of the resort, "I don't want to wake him, could you carry him in?"

"Sure," Joe whispered back. He opened the car door then picked up James gently, closing the car door gently before walking toward the entrance, Taylor in pursuit. Once they made it up to the suite, Joe laid James down on the perfectly white bed sheets, tucking him in.

"He'll probably wake up at two AM, but it's alright," Taylor was still talking quietly, exploring the hotel room. "I'm going to shower, then we should probably go to bed too, to adjust to the time change."

Joe nodded, already changing into his pajama's. Fifteen minutes later they were both in the bed, Jame's cuddled in between them. Taylor held onto Joe's hand, and their feet were entangled lower in the bed.

The next morning, James woke up first, immediately waking up his parents as well. Joe groaned, opening his eyes slowly. James was looking eagerly up at him from the bed, "Can we go to the beach now?"

Now Taylor was completely awake as well, stepping out of the bed, "We have to change and put on sunscreen, then we can go."

"Sunscreen? But it's so sticky," James complained.

Joe stood up on the other side of the bed, James behind him, "James, listen to your mum. Sunscreen is important, okay?"

James frowned, "Okay."

Taylor smiled at Joe, before going over to the suitcase to grab James his swimsuit. Handing it to him, James walked to the bathroom to change. Enjoying the moment of privacy, Joe walked over to Taylor, kissing the top of her head. Taylor turned to face him, leaning up so their lips touched.

Tucking a piece of hair behind her ear, he kissed her cheek and they looked in each other's eyes. They appreciated the silence, knowing it only came when two people like themselves, understood each other. They heard James open the door, and broke apart, turning to face him. "I'm going to go get ready, can you help him put on sunscreen?" Taylor asked Joe, already heading towards the bathroom.

Joe nodded, "Sure."

James and Joe walked out to the balcony,  Joe grabbing the sunscreen on the way out. James winced as the cold mist touched his legs, but stayed still. After they were done, Taylor had finished changing, and as Joe took his turn to change, Taylor put on sunscreen.