Beautiful

(TW: Eating disorder)

Taylor steps out and onto the sidewalk from her New York penthouse. She hears the paps screaming as she ducks her head down, quickly making an escape into her car. She sighs, today she felt terrible, and paps just made it ten times worse. She was on her way to the airport, where her private jet would fly her to London to see Joe.

All she wanted right now was to be in his arms, but she'd have to wait another painful six hours. She breathes in and out, repeating to herself that it's going to be fine. Once at the airport, she puts an umbrella over her head, and dashes for the plane.

She sat down on one of the chair cushions, and scrolled through social media as the plane took off. As a wave of exhaustion hit her, she closed her eyes and let sleep take over. When she woke up again, there were still two hours left in the flight.

Taylor played back and forth with the idea of calling Joe, but was worried that he would already be asleep. She ultimately decided to call him, but he didn't pick up. She sighed and slumped down, Taylor was hoping that when she got back to the house they could hang out. It was already 11:45 there, and she cursed herself for hoping that she could, realizing it would be almost 2:00 in the morning when she got there.

After what felt like an eternity, the plane finally touched ground, and Taylor walked out to her car, breathing a sigh of relief that there were no paparazzi. Her driver drove her to Taylor and Joe's house, and she thanked him before getting out and creeping in through the front door. A wave of disappointment hit her when she saw the lights were off. She knew that it was wishful thinking that Joe would be up, but a small part of her still hoped.

She turned the corner to walk into their bedroom, when she heard a small ringing from the living room. Taylor cursed and quickly walked towards it, there was only a wall separating the noise from their bedroom, where Joe was presumably sleeping, and she didn't want to wake him. Taylor stopped in her tracks to see Joe himself turning it off, then looking in the reflection of the TV to fix his hair. He checked his phone, and she could see him go onto the phone tracking app. It was slightly delayed, so it showed that she was entering the neighborhood.

Taylor watched him check the time and stand up, making his way to the front door, walking right past her. She follows him, and sees him stand in front of the front door, waiting. She stands there for a second, before she realizes that he must be waiting for her. Taylor smiles to herself. Then she forms an idea and she knew it would be cruel, after he got up at 2 AM to see her, but it was the perfect opportunity.

She creeps up behind him, then puts both of her hands on his shoulders, and shout's "BOO!"

Joe screams, a high pitched scream, and quickly turns around, swinging a punch for whoever was behind him. Taylor was prepared for this, and ducks down, falling on the floor laughing. Joe looks down at her.

"What the hell! You're home?" Joe watches her face turn red as she laughs.

"Oh my god, you screamed so loud," Taylor said through her giggles.

Joe crosses her arms and glares down at her, "That wasn't funny. Now I'm mad at you," Joe fake pouts.

Taylor stands up, still giggling, and hugs him, "Aw, I missed you too baby."

Joe rolls his eyes, "Couldn't you have hugged me like a normal human being instead of scaring the shit out of me."

Taylor just nuzzles her face into his chest, "It was so funny though. But in all seriousness, thank you for getting up for me, you didn't have to."

"I wanted to." Joe said, rubbing his fingers through her hair. "God I missed you so much."

Taylor leans upwards and kisses him. "I hate being away from you."