Lover

edit from future me 8 months later (2/12/21): i just reread this and i am  mortified 

 i made a desperate attempt to revise this story so it's not quite as cringy but there's only so much you can do to salvage this

read this first chapter at your own risk <3

The Christmas tree was dressed in lights and ornaments, topped off with a glowing star as the rest of the house was covered in an array of decorations. The Alwyn-Swift family was ready to jump right into Christmas. Joe and Taylor sat on the couch early Christmas morning and watched their daughter Emily stare in awe at the present she had unwrapped from its bright pink wrapping mere seconds ago. 

Emily carefully examined  the snow globe sitting inside the freshly opened box. It was beautiful. The base of the snow globe was white, and was decorated in intricate gold designs. But what Emily was immediately drawn to was the dollhouse inside the globe. The house, encased in a layer of white powder, depicted multiple rooms, each one a different color. As Emily stared she began to remember the story her parents told her. The story of their love.

-------------------------------------------------------

Taylor and Joe stood across from each other, foreheads touching. Stuck in a trance as they stared into each others electric blue eyes. The couldn't be more excited to share this newfound experience with each other. In their new home. Theirs. 

"You know you light up my world Taylor," Joe whispered softly, placing a delicate kiss on her cheek. 

The Next Day

Taylor sat next to her drum set, drumming a simple rhythm. Behind her Joe put up a framed picture of their cat, Benjamin above their emerald green couch. Turning his attention back to Taylor as he sat down on the couch, he couldn't help but smile. He than fell deep into his thoughts, imagining their little blue-eyed, blonde haired children running around the house one day (Emily smiled as she remembered the younger version of herself smiling when Joe told her this part of the story, after all Emily was practically that little blue-eyed, blonde haired child running around the house now).

A Few Months Later

Taylor and Joe sat on the floor of their house playing an intense game of monopoly. After Taylor won for what felt like the 1000th time, she explained her strategy to Joe as Benjamin, their grizzly bear of a cat, walked by.

"So you see Joe, if you move this piece here at the right time you will undoubtedly win! Easy peasy. Though I highly doubt you'll be able to surpass me," Taylor smirked confidently. 

Joe rolled his eyes and smiled playfully "Is that a challenge, Swift? I think it's about time you met your match ." And so another game of monopoly commenced and quickly ended with Taylor on the floor dying of laughter after she beats Joe once again after he was so sure he would win. 

They both loved moments like these. Moments where it felt like the world was just made for them. Like they were made to be a couple. It was fate. Destiny. Kismet. Together they stood so tall  and strong that they could bend the world or turn it upside down at their will. 

Many more days like these passed by. Days playing tag inside the house and Taylor rolling on the floor in a ball when she knew that Joe was going to catch her as if doing so would make her invincible. Days building forts under covers because, honestly, why not? Days just dancing in the living room to their favorite song. Soon many more months had passed ("Time flies when you're having fun" Emily remembered Taylor saying as she stared into Joes eyes and Joe stared right back. "Uh, Mom? Dad?" Emily had said, "You were telling a story?")