Come Back

Note: This was written like 2 years ago and I just felt like posting it.

Taylor sat criss-cross on the couch, scrolling through her phone and occasionally checking the time. It was already 1:00 AM and Joe still wasn't back yet.

He went to a costars party, but the guest list was strict meaning Taylor couldn't come. Joe told her that he'd be back by 12:00, yet here she was. She sighed, resting her chin on her hand. Fifteen minutes later, a disheveled Joe walks through the door, and towards the couch where she was sitting.

"Hey baby," Joe said, sitting down next to her and kissing her cheek. "You didn't have to stay up."

While Joe's voice was caring and gentle, Taylor's was cold, "You said you would be home by 12:00."

Joe rubbed her back, "I'm sorry I-"

Taylor held up a hand, "I don't want to hear it."

"Taylor you just have to-" Joe tried, scooting closer to her.

Taylor just scooted farther away, "I said I don't want to hear it. You've been gone so much lately when you could be here with me and" Taylor paused to swallow when her voice cracked. "I just want you to be here with me but you never are,"

Joe was taken aback, "I didn't know you felt that way Tay, do you want to-"

He was stopped midsentence when Taylor stood up, "I'm just going to go to bed." She turned away so that way he wouldn't have to see her cry.

He watched her walk away, frowning. He knew that he should give her some space, and brewed himself some tea. 15 minutes later he walked into the bedroom to see Taylor sleeping soundly. Joe attempted to brush his teeth as quietly as possible before lying down next to her.

Joe didn't want to hurt Taylor, and he wasn't aware that she was feeling this way. He rolled over to move closer to her, but she moved away from him. This affected him more then he thought it would, and a small tear rolled down his cheek as he turned away from her.

When Taylor woke up it was 8:00 AM, and Joe was still asleep. She sighed, remembering what happened last night. For a few moments she sat there brainstorming how to fix the problem until she came up with a logical (?) answer.

If Joe didn't want to spend time with her, she wouldn't spend time with him. To give him a taste of his own medicine per say. She quickly texted Selena, asking if she wanted to hang out, and when Selena replied yes, Taylor got out of bed, careful not to wake Joe and got ready. She was out the door at 8:30, and Joe was still asleep.

Joe yawned, and reached over for Taylor to find that she wasn't there. Immediately he panicked, frantically getting out of bed. This went on until he spied the note that Taylor had left him on the nightstand.

'Going out, I'll see you later.

-Taylor'

Joe's mouth curved downward, no signature smiley face or even the slightest notion to where she was going. He sat down on the bed, head in his hands. Where did he go so wrong. Deciding he should try to forget about it for the time being, he got ready, and went downstairs to make himself some breakfast.

He almost expected Taylor to be there, and shout 'Surprise! I'm not really mad at you." Yet all that was downstairs were the cats.

Taylor hopped into Selena's car.

"So, where to?" Taylor asked.

"Hmm, it's still early, and if you haven't had it yet we could go for some coffee." Selena suggested, starting the car.