Awkward Lunches

"Joe, Harry's coming over at 12:00, so just be ready by then." Taylor shouts up the stairs from her spot at the stove, where she's cooking her pasta.

Joe shouts back an 'okay', and he goes back to brushing his teeth. He secretly hates it whenever Harry comes over, he knows they are on friendly terms, and he's happy that it worked out for them, but he can't help but be a little disgruntled by the fact that someone who she was romantically involved with casually comes over for lunch. Not to mention she had unfinished business with Harry for like, ever.

Joe never told Taylor any of this, not wanting to start a fight. He sighs to himself, rinsing off his toothbrush, he just has to survive for a few hours. Just act normal. He walks down the stairs to Taylor singing quietly to herself.

"Now every time I see you I pretend I'm fine. When I wanna reach out to you, but I turn and I walk and I let it ride." She continues to sing Mariah Careys 'Don't Forget About Us', not aware that her boyfriend was standing behind her, grinning.

He creeps up behind her, then grabs her by the waist and picks her up. "I love your singing baby."

Taylor squeals, "Joe I was mixing the pasta!"

Joe laughs and kisses her cheek. "Fine, just for the sake of your delicious pasta."

Taylor giggles, and goes back to mixing. Finally 12:00 rolls around, and the doorbell rings. Taylor goes up to get it, and Joe stands up as well.

"Hey!" said Taylor, bringing Harry in for a hug. Joe looks at them, and suppresses the feeling of jealousy building up in his chest.

"Hi! Good to see you again." Harry leans into the hug, until they break apart and Harry goes to shake Joe's hand.

Joe smiles at him, hoping no one can tell that it's forced. "Good to see you too."

Harry intakes the smell, "Mmm, whatever your making smells delicious."

Taylor grins, "Thanks, it's pasta. It's ready right now actually, if you're ready."

Harry makes his way to the dining table, "When I am not ready for food?"

Taylor giggles, then disappears into the kitchen to grab the pasta. Joe grabs plates and forks for the three of them, then sits down at the dining table. Taylor comes back, pasta in hand, and gives out a serving to everyone.

"Looks just as good as it smells," complimented Joe.

Harry took a bite, "Tastes just as good as it looks." he added, grinning at Taylor.

Taylor smiled back, "I tried a new recipe, I still need to perfect it."

Everyone digs into their food, making casual conversation. "So, how long are you staying in London for?" asks Harry.

"I have to go back to the states next week for rehearsals of the tour, and then obviously the tour starts and I'll be all over the place." Taylor replied, taking another bite of pasta.

Harry nodded, "Reputation sounds great, it's an amazing album."

Taylor blushes, "Thanks."

Joe furrowed his eyebrows, wanting to be the one to make Taylor blush, but says nothing, instead just swallowing his food. 

After lunch they make their way over to the couch, deciding to watch some TV, and just talk.

"Stupid TV won't turn on," Joe mutters to himself, aggressively pushing down the power button.

Harry takes the remote from him, "Here let me try." he pushes the power button once, and the TV immediately powers up. Joe is annoyed, but ignores it, he shouldn't be jealous because Harry could click a button better then he could.