:Inject Me Sweetly: Chapter Nine

"Joel? Joel? Where are you?" I called, meandering mindlessly through the labyrinth of hallways in the Rutherford manor. "This isn't funny anymore!"

The only sounds that could be heard were my own footfalls as I continued to search for the vampire who was supposed to be showing me around the place. Ten minutes prior he'd up and disappeared while leading me to the pool was. While I'd been in shock about finding out they owned an indoor pool, he'd somehow slipped away from me. A scowl crossed my face. He was probably watching me inconspicuously and laughing.

"Joel!"

No answer.

Sighing in frustration, I twisted to the right, marching down the next hallway. My eyes grew wide when I realized somehow I'd managed to make it to the hallway where my room was located. I made a beeline for it. Even though Sebastian didn't want me in my room all day, it was better than making my feet sore by wandering around lost for hours on end. With a small sigh, I pushed open the door to my room. Maybe I could take a nap...

"Vivi! Vivi! How do I look?"

I froze, staring at the scene that met my eyes. A young man with shockingly white hair stood before me, wearing a lacy black bra and a white and black plaid shirt. A gasp left my lips when I realized they were mine. My mind raced. How in the world had he gotten a hold of things I left at home? The only clothing I had here were the-very dirty- ones on my back! Suddenly the white haired man's eyes snapped to mine, an amused grin playing across his face.

"You must be Emily," he started, holding out a hand and walking towards me. "I'm Samuel." He stopped about a foot away, towering a good foot over me.

For a second I was unable to respond- partly because he was wearing my bra, and partly because his eyes were a shiny silver color. Just by that I could tell he was a vampire. When he realized I wasn't going to shake his hand, he took the initiative and grabbed my hand from my side, shaking it roughly.

"I hope you don't mind me trying on your clothing," he said, still violently joggling my hand. "Sebastian told me to put your stuff in your room and I was merely curious as to what he meant and then I found this fancy ... Vivi told me I should try it on-"

"I did not."

My gaze shot past Samuel to where Vincent was, leaning against the wall casually with his arms crossed. "What are you doing in my room?" I demanded.

"Dropping off some your things," he responded simply. "You do want them, don't you? I'm sure if you don't, Samuel does."

I flushed as Samuel cupped his chest with a wink. "I think it suits me."

"Take it off!" I cried, not sure how more embarrassing the situation could be. "How'd you even get that?"

"Sebastian brought it here," Samuel responded, a frown slipping onto his face. "Do I really have to take it off?"

I nodded my head vigorously. "He only brought a bra and shirt?"

"No, stupid. He brought what you supposedly took on vacation with you," Vincent interjected, gesturing towards my bed where my traveling case was, lying open.

After throwing an annoyed look at Vincent, I headed for the bed. Samuel appeared beside me dropping my bra and shirt back into it. I peered into the bag, feeling relieved at the sight of my clothing. Now I wouldn't have to walk around in dirty clothes anymore. Along with my clothes were my toothbrush (how did he know that one was mine?), my hairbrush, my laptop, my iPod, a few books, and my only other pair of shoes. All the things I would take to my aunt's if I went. Sebastian did a good job.