:Inject Me Sweetly: Chapter Fourteen

The sound of something heavy clattering to floor jolted me from my slumber. My eyes snapped and searched around, trying to locate the source of the clamor. The first thing I noticed was that I was in my temporary room. The second thing was Sebastian, giving me a sheepish look. He held up a book- the reason for the noise.

"Where's Vincent?" The words slipped out of my mouth before I could stop them.

Sebastian frowned the slightest bit. "He left for court, why?"

"No reason," I responded quickly, looking around my room again. When had I fallen asleep? Had Vincent carried me here from the living room?

"Are you hungry?" Sebastian asked, setting the book he'd been reading back on the shelf. "I'm not a good cook, but I can try..."

I shook my head, throwing the covers off me so I could get up. "Don't worry about it. I can make myself something. Thanks though."

He frowned deeper. "Are you sure?"

"Yeah, I don't want to be a hassle."

"You're not a hassle," he told me, crossing his arms. "I really wish you'd stop being so formal to me."

I blinked at him. "Formal?"

"You can joke around and get angry with Vince, but you're always so polite to me," he explained.

"But you're the next King..."

"But I don't want you to act that way around me."

Smiling, I shook my head at him. "I only act like that toward Vincent because he deserves it because he's a jerk. It's not something you really want..."

Sebastian's lips twitched into a crooked smile. "I see. In that case, you're not allowed into the kitchen to make yourself breakfast."

"Why no-"

"I'm making it and it's final."

"I thought you couldn't cook?"

He shrugged. "I never said I was going to make any thing fancy. Why don't you shower and change then meet me in the kitchen?"

I glanced down, realizing I was in my pajamas. When did I...? I didn't. My face flamed when I realized the only other person who could have changed me was Vincent. That pervert! When he got back I was going to slap him so hard...

"Emily?"

I ripped myself from my violent thoughts to wave Sebastian away. "Sounds good. See you soon."

He left, and I went over to the duffle bag of my clothing he'd brought here a few days prior. My laptop was on top of everything. Picking it up, I brought it over to the empty desk in the corner of the room to get it out of the way. Just as I was about to walk away from it, a thought hit me. Was there Internet here? Glancing at the door to make Sebastian had shut it, I booted up my computer. It was an agonizing twenty seconds before I reached the home screen. I clicked the Firefox symbol, bringing up the Internet. To my amazement, it loaded.

So Vampires used the Internet...

I clicked Facebook, going to my profile. To my surprise, my wall was covered with my friends asking how California was going. My eyebrows pulled together in confusion. How many minds had Sebastian altered? The What's On Your Mind? space was tempting me. Should I update my status? The last one was going to the movies. I hesitated a moment. What would my status be? Oh, I'm really not in California. Vampires kidnapped me a few days ago, and there's a chance I could die, but beside all that I'm dandy? A smile broke across my face. I couldn't write that.