:Dusk Until Dawn: [Chapter: 10] //A Vampire Romance//

I walked down the stairs, tossing my wet hair up into a messy ponytail. Will tossed me a bagel and I shot my hand out and caught it, just in the nick of time.

"Ponage," I exclaimed, pumping my fist up in the air. My mouth fell, and Will and Dustin burst out laughing, as the bagel went flying from my hand. I stared after it, horrified, as it flew across the kitchen.

"I got it!" Dustin shouted as he lunged himself from the chair he was perched on towards the bagel's plummeting form. He outstretched his hand and caught the bagel by the tips of his fingers, as I had done just before.

"Nice," Will commented with a grin. He slapped Dustin a high five as he returned to his seat.

"Thanks. Here," Dustin said, tossing the bagel to me lightly. I caught it easily this time and bit into it securely.

"Are you getting a ride from the neighbor-" Will paused as I sneezed loudly again.

"Bless you," Dustin said as he picked at a piece of bacon on Will's plate. Will tried to stab Dustin's hand with his fork.

"Sorry, and yes," I told my brother. "They should be arriving soon..." I glanced at the clock. Seven ten. They would be here in about five minutes. "Be right back," I told Will and Dustin before booking back up the stairs to grab my book bag and Damian's coat.

The doorbell rang and I twisted around in my room, trying to find a jacket to wear. Dizziness swept over me and I had to put my hand on my desk for support. Talk about blood rush, I thought while steadying myself.

"Madison! Damian is here!" Will called from down the stairs.

"Hold on!" I called back, frantically searching around for a coat. I had just cleaned my room! I threw a pair of dirty pants onto the floor from my laundry basket, seeing if there was a coat near the top.

"Madison!" Will called again, this time louder.

"I said hold on!" I shouted back, now rushing to my closet and pushing threw the shirts and unused dresses. I groaned in frustration when my frenetic foraging came up fruitless.

"Maddie!" Will shouted. I could tell he was at the bottom of the stairs. "They're waiting for you!"

"I said hold on!" I screamed, my frustration getting the best of me. I slammed the closet door shut, hitched my bag onto my shoulder and grabbed Damian's coat off my bed before stomping down stairs in a huff.

"About time," Dustin complained, a grumpy look on his face.

I really hoped he kept his bad, unjustifiable attitude to himself. At least for today because I was already in a bad mood. I felt a sneeze coming on and put my face into the crook of my elbow.

"Bless you," Damian and Dustin said simultaneously when it came out, rushing like a freight train.

Dustin scowled at Damian while Damian smiled politely back at him.

"Have a good day at school," Will called as we made our way out to the car.

"Morning," Ayden and Callie both chirped brightly together.

I slid into the middle, while Dustin and Damian sat on other either side of me. Callie smiled brightly from the front seat, her chocolate colored hair sparkling under the sun. I clandestinely peeked at my hair. It shined, but only because of the blonde in it. I stared at the window, trying to see if my hair looked okay.

"You're hair looks good today, Madison," Ayden commented, as though he could read my mind. He grinned at me from the rear view mirror.

I smiled in return. "Thanks."