:Dusk Until Dawn: [Chapter: 32] //A Vampire Romance//

I must have fallen asleep, because when I woke up, I was in Damian's bed. I sat up quickly, scrambling with the covers. A chuckle came from beside me.

"What's the rush?" Damian asked, putting down the book he had in his hands.

"Is he okay?" I inquired, my hand shaking. Please, please let him be all right.

Damian smiled mysteriously. "I do believe it was a success."

"Thank god," I sighed, relief washing over me. It was a pleasant feeling.

I jumped on Damian and kissed him on the lips hard. He returned the kiss, tangling his hand in my hair and deepening it. After a few moments I pulled away.

"Thank you, Damian," I said, leaning against his chest. "I love you."

Damian chuckled and I felt it reverberate in his chest. "I love you too, Maddie. Would you like to go see Dustin?"

I smiled sheepishly. "Yeah."

"Go right ahead."

"Where is he?"

"Living room, with Callie."

I nodded and started towards the living room. I stretched my hand out in front of me. I was a vampire now, but I didn't feel any different. I didn't even look any paler than I was before. But then again, I was never really pale to begin with. I sighed. There went my hopes of ever getting a tan.

I rounded the corner into the living and was shocked at the scene before me. There was Dustin and Callie, making out on a couch. I knocked on the wall to get their attention. Dustin's head snapped towards me and he grinned sheepishly.

"So, uh, when did this happen?" I questioned, cocking an eyebrow. "I thought you hated vampires."

"Well you see, now that I, albeit forcibly, am a vampire now, I don't see why I can't have a vampire girlfriend," Dustin responded, shrugging. "And as I said when she first moved in, she's hot."

I rolled my eyes. Same old Dustin. Here I was, worried for nothing. "So I take it you're better now?"

Dustin nodded, flexing his muscles. "I feel pretty much the same. Stronger, though, but that's a good thing I guess."

"What about your job as a vampire hunter?"

Dustin shrugged. "I've never received any requests, but I suppose I still have the job. I guess I'll be the only vampire vampire hunter."

He laughed and so did I.

"Haha, I can imagine it. 'Hey mom! I'm a..." I trailed off, forgetting the joke I was about to crack.

"Maddie?"

"Will! Oh my god! What am I going to say? He's going to notice I stopped aging! Oh no," I groaned, rubbing my hands over my forehead.

"Oh hey, calm down. I've got this one figured out!"

"Hm?"

"We'll since we only have one more year of high school, we could just go to a college a state over, you know," Dustin explained with a shrug. "It's easier than like, say, having to fake our own deaths."

"I rather not fake my own death," I responded, shaking my head. "But the college idea sounds good. I didn't know you were so smart."

Dustin snorted. "I'm smart. I just don't apply myself."

I laughed and shook my head. "Okay, whatever."

"Maddie," a new voice started and I turned to see Damian, "you're brother just pulled into your driveway. Do you think you should go home before he notices you aren't there?"