:Dusk Until Dawn: [Chapter: 4] //A Vampire Romance//

Yay! I was nice and put spaces in :) I was seriously considering being lazy and not doing it. But I did anyways haha. Chapter four. Nothing to say. Comment, vote, and enjoy ;)

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"Maddie!" Dustin cried and I heard the screeching of breaks. I closed my eyes, preparing for the impact...

That never came.

Instead of hearing a sickening crack or anything, I heard the sounds of a car door opening then shutting and footsteps. The soft tapping noises they made stopped next to my head.

"Man," I heard a familiar voice sigh. "You wanted to see me so much that you decided to jump in front of my car?"

I looked up, still frozen, only to see Ayden staring down at me. I opened my mouth then shut it, surprised. He grinned.

"I feel flattered."

"T-that's not it!" I cried before scrambling to stand up. The momentary shock of the situation escaped me. I was impressed with my ability to deal with such accidents. "I slipped! Well more like fell actually... but that's besides the point!"

"Oh?" Ayden replied smiling. "You'd better be more careful... I suggest that you stop running on curbs, if you know what's best for you. People without awesome reflexes like me won't have time to hit the breaks. They will just simply run you over." He clapped his hands together while making a squishing noise.

"Gotcha," I nodded quickly grimacing at his example of what would happen to me if I ever got hit. I didn't like being scolded, or told what to do. And what reflexes did he have that other people didn't? Ayden continued to grin at me as I examined my hands.

Dustin walked over to me and looked at him. "Who are you?"

Ayden smiled at him for a second before winking at me and heading back to his car. "See you at school, Maddie."

I frowned as he got in and started forward. What did he mean, "see you at school"? I looked through the window and saw Damian's eyes gaze into my own as the car passed me. He smirked and I felt my face heat up as the car continued on its way down the road.

"Who was that?" Dustin muttered kicking at a rock while pulling me back onto the sidewalk. "He totally ignored me!"

I opened my mouth to tell him that he was one of the new next-door neighbors. But then I thought he didn't know about the new neighbors. I tried not to smile. This was going to be a big surprise to him. I shrugged my shoulders.

"He knew your name!" Dustin pointed out irritated. He studied my face. I kept it blank, with a hint of confusion. Boy I could be a good actor.

"That is weird," I mused still looking confused. I shrugged. "Well anyways, look! The school!"

Dustin turned and looked at the school building, which loomed ahead. He then hung his head. After a few moments he suddenly looked up with a giant grin on his face. "Time to meet some new hot chicks!"

I rolled my eyes before entering the high school with him.

"Hey," I greeted a few of my friends when they nearly shouted their hellos over the noisy classroom. All around me people prattled on about their summers and what they did. I took a deep whiff of the scent I would be spending the next ten months in. A couple of Dustin's friends came over and began talking to him while I mingled with my other friends.

"I'm going to go to my homeroom now," Dustin informed me after a short while. I paused in mid-sentence to say goodbye. He waved before leaving. I waved and felt someone tap on my shoulder as I did so. I turned to see my friend Kristen.