:Dusk Until Dawn: [Chapter: 1] //A Vampire Romance//

This was the first story I've ever written. Started in 7th grade finished around 8th... But yeah xD Again, like DTB, it's poorly written, so read at your own risk!

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Summer had to be the season I disliked the most. Well, actually I can't say I disliked it the most as it tied evenly with winter. The outrageously long, hot, and very dry days took all the life out of me. Luckily it was winding down. Fall was only a few days away, but the heat was still unbearable.

I walked over to my window and wrenched open the curtains, then the window, and looked out into the outside world. The dark sky now had a slice of light in it, signaling the day was about to begin. The scene was the same as it had been yesterday, and the day before, and the day before. It was always the same. How boring.

I sighed as I dropped down on to the window seat and half hung out the window with my arm dangling. I could just touch the yellow and orange maple tree that was right beside my window. I smiled lazily at the thought of how easy it would be to sneak out of my room if I ever wanted to. My eyes wandered to the house next door. I could see the top of it's white, worn off roof contrasting against the still, dark sky in a small clearing of the trees where a little light shone through the early morning clouds. The rest of the house was covered by the black mass of the forest.

I shuddered a little. It gave off a really creepy feeling. Closing the window again, I glanced at the clock. It was just about five o' clock in the morning. I groaned knowing that it was too early to go to the kitchen and start breakfast. I flipped on my light and my eyes scanned my bedroom. Frowning, I knew I would have to pick up all the laundry and litter scattered around it. Soon... before I became lost in the mounds of it. Since I had nothing to do until later, I started to throw the clothes into my laundry basket.

After I had picked up my room I glanced at the clock again: 7: 30am. It was about time to start the day. I pulled the curtains across my window and padded across the wood floor to my door and silently slid out of my room and down the hallway. The house was silent as I began to descend the stairs and entered my kitchen. I flipped the lights on and blinked a few times to adjust to the light.

"Hello!" a cheery voice called from the now lit kitchen. I took an automatic step back from surprise and groped around the counter for something I could protect myself with while looking around the room. My eyes finally landed on a familiar blonde.

"Dustin," I breathed as I looked at my best friend of two years. I returned my hand to my side and leaned against a counter. "How many times have I told you not to come into my house without knocking?"

"Well," Dustin started with a smile on his boyish face, "I noticed your light was turned on earlier this morning and I decided to pay you an early visit."

"Okay... but inviting yourself in is definitely an invasion of privacy," I told him before I walked over to the fridge, stifling a yawn. I raked my eyes down the shelves and reached out to grab the bacon and eggs once I had located them.

"Making breakfast?" Dustin asked as I placed the food onto the counter. I nodded in reply as I cracked eggs into a bowl. 

Cooking was one of my favorite things to do, and it worked out well since nobody else at my house could cook. And when I said "nobody else" I meant my brother. He couldn't cook to save his life. Which is one of the reasons I came here to live with him. Two years ago my father died, and my mom, being over protective, didn't want me home alone all the time, and with her job that was almost always. So she sent me to live here.